Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Worlds - PSNI Permission.

The Worlds - PSNI Permission.

I'm a little concerned that I've heard nothing back from the Police in NI about my permission. Has anyone else on here not heard back yet or am I on my own?
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

I realise it is the opposite of what you are asking but both my lad and I now have our permissions.
    We did have to "re-inform" them as they seemed to think some of our information was mssing, oddly both forms filled out exactly the same and double checked yet we both had a different extra bit of information to add, when done so though the paperwork came through within a week.
    It did take about 2 months though from first posting to get the queries back.

My problem has been getting confirmation of entry to the comp, sent the cheque but had no official confrimation other than seeing the cheque has been cashed. Emailed several times with no reply. Just going to turn up and hope now.

Hope yours gets sorted soon.
    cheers
    graeme
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Yes mate, a friend of mine who has received his permission also has had no confirmation yet, so it smacks a little of a 'leap of faith'!
    May I ask how you knew to send a second application off, did you just do it on spec or did you contact the PSNI, if so how?
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Got Mine

Darren Moore had to phone them up his got lost in the post they sent a new copy out to him
    ISP Airstream MkIII - Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32x40 Milldot

Quote Originally Posted by Baltipal View Post
    Yes mate, a friend of mine who has received his permission also has had no confirmation yet, so it smacks a little of a 'leap of faith'!
    May I ask how you knew to send a second application off, did you just do it on spec or did you contact the PSNI, if so how?
    They sent out a form saying we had not supplied some information and to respond with the missing details. We did not send a second application just additional details to make the first one complete.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Are you hotelling or camping when you get there?

Edit
    just looked on the certificate of approval for a phone number but off course there isn't one!
    just the address if it is of any use to you.
    Police service of Northern Ireland,
    Firearms and Explosives Branch,
    Lisnasharragh,
    42 Montgomery Road,
    Belfast BT6 9LD

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    They sent out a form saying we had not supplied some information and to respond with the missing details. We did not send a second application just additional details to make the first one complete.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Are you hotelling or camping when you get there?

Edit
    just looked on the certificate of approval for a phone number but off course there isn't one!
    just the address if it is of any use to you.
    Police service of Northern Ireland,
    Firearms and Explosives Branch,
    Lisnasharragh,
    42 Montgomery Road,
    Belfast BT6 9LD
    Camping of course, the only way to go!
    I'm thinking I'll send another off just in case, I just haven't heard yet of anyone else not getting them within a couple of weeks.
    I did the NEFTA Classic last weekend as a kind of dry run & it worked out very well.
    We'll have to meet up & have a couple of beers over there. Assuming they let me in of course!
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Camping of course, the only way to go!
    I'm thinking I'll send another off just in case, I just haven't heard yet of anyone else not getting them within a couple of weeks.
    I did the NEFTA Classic last weekend as a kind of dry run & it worked out very well.
    We'll have to meet up & have a couple of beers over there. Assuming they let me in of course!

Look forward to it, I know I have shot at the same time as you (midlands winter league etc) but have no idea who you are! We'll be on the campsite and the beer ( Guiness...well it would be rude not too..) is the reason for going, the shooting is an added bonus!

Worlds

I received a letter from the PSNI yesterday regarding my application and the fact they needed my GB certificate? I contacted them on the number on the form (02890650222), spoke to a gent and explained that my rifle was not a firearm, but an air rifle. He then explained that I did not have to send any certificate out and my details would be processed.
    Personally, I would contact the number on this post and ask for an update for you temporary certificate. With regards to confirmation of entry, greg who's user name is ev00002 (I THINK), is the guy to contact. Hes been on here and the forum giving some details fot the comp.
    Hope that helps,

Berty...
    JUDGE DRUID
    Walther Dominator (Titanium) Weaver t36
    Daystate Harrier SE EB 10x42.

Quote Originally Posted by berty177 View Post
    I received a letter from the PSNI yesterday regarding my application and the fact they needed my GB certificate? I contacted them on the number on the form (02890650222), spoke to a gent and explained that my rifle was not a firearm, but an air rifle. He then explained that I did not have to send any certificate out and my details would be processed.
    Personally, I would contact the number on this post and ask for an update for you temporary certificate. With regards to confirmation of entry, greg who's user name is ev00002 (I THINK), is the guy to contact. Hes been on here and the forum giving some details fot the comp.
    Hope that helps,

Berty...
    Cheers mate, I considered PMing 0007ev but I bet he gets everyone doing that with one question or another about the Worlds & think his PM box must be pretty full. I was hoping he would pick up this Thread & respond actually but now I decided to re-send my application & see what happens.
    Getting closer now isn't it? Can't wait.
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Cheers mate, I considered PMing 0007ev but I bet he gets everyone doing that with one question or another about the Worlds & think his PM box must be pretty full. I was hoping he would pick up this Thread & respond actually but now I decided to re-send my application & see what happens.
    Getting closer now isn't it? Can't wait.
    You could try either giving them a ring or dropping them an email just to give them a wee push....

Tel: 0845 600 8000, ask for Ex 24339, 24515 or 24344
    Email : firearms@psni.pnn.police.uk
    Living in the wonderful world of MrMonty. It doesn't get stranger than this.

I had a nice lady from the PSNI call me at work, she was asking where we were staying when we were in Ireland as the information I gave did not show up on their search. I called Andrea at the guest house where we are staying to confirm the address, which I then forwarded on to the PSNI. It was exactly the same as I had put on the form in the first place, maybe they were just checking up on me, me being a bit of a rougue with a garage full of Leupolds.
    Certificate came through 2 weeks after.

PSNI Permission

I received my certificate through the post today. Good service to be honest, Dorian Falconer only sent them through a couple of weeks ago. He sent both applications through together. Hopefully, what advice you wanted has been supplied.

Berty
    JUDGE DRUID
    Walther Dominator (Titanium) Weaver t36
    Daystate Harrier SE EB 10x42.

Got mine today as well, sent application a couple of weeks back.
    I thought it would take longer, but I've never been very good at thinking!

Neil

I've now got my permission, that's the good news.
    The bad news is that something traumatic has happened to it on route & the very top part is damaged, do you think this would affect it's validity at all ?
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

I've now got my permission, that's the good news.
    The bad news is that something traumatic has happened to it on route & the very top part is damaged, do you think this would affect it's validity at all ?
    As long as the certificate number is clearly visible it should be ok. They will have a copy so dont worry.