Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol??? Help please...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    That's gotta be the nicest way anyone has told me I'm talking crap...
    You sir, are a gentleman

Oh well, the harder the truth, the truer the friend

=

Jeez.

Thanks for the links Todd
    The work bench is definately the best thing black and dekker have made, The one I have is the only B&D tool thats lasted me over 20 years so far.
    Cheers Eric
    Enjoy every step you take, you never know which one will be your last.

Question Question

Does the NO HUNTING rule apply to small vermin?

I would not attempt to take a fox or marauding cat with any pistol, but that's related to the ability to make a reasonably guaranteed kill, and the legal limit for pistols is still enough to kill a human if you hit them in the right (wrong?) place.
    I believe that the reason for the ban on handguns and the low limit on pistols is legitimate but these reasons, easy concealment, rapid coverage of an area etc, are the ones which would make a pistol a good tool for enclosed areas. A barn for example where the rifle barrel can become entangled or fouled is the sort of situation I mean. I would have no hesitation at taking a rat or squirrel inside five metres in a barn or loft. But the inherent inaccuracies of a pistol would simply make it the wrong choice outside of that range.

If the Moderators are unhappy with this post I will remove it. However, is there a legitimate case to have this discussion on its own thread?

For the record my pistols are Webley Nemesis 177, Webley Hurricane (Genuine) .22 and Smith & Wesson 686 .177.
    No I DON'T shoot any of the above with them but my next door neighbour who has an aviary and is plagued with cats keeps trying to borrow them.

As far as recommendations go both the Webleys are powerful and accurate (assuming you dump the original sights) and the S & W (It’s actually made by Umarex) is great fun but none of them are serious target kit.

Target Bunny