Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Have DJ Litts gone bust?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Nobody is as gutted as me I can tell you...
    Point taken!

ATVB

Cam

I'm off out and will pop into Litts to see if it's open or not, but the news is it's gone under big time!

A friend has told me that a local dealer has already been on to the companies that Litts dealt with in order to take over from them i.e cartridges etc

Hopefully at a decent price?
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

Whilst good service seemed very hit & miss depending on who you actually dealt with, its the staff i feel sorry for. I'm sure Mr Litt himself will be comfortable in his early retirement. The people in charge almost certainly know the end is nigh, yet keep trading . Lets hope those who are owed money or goods supplied in good faith get it back in full.

John

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Whilst good service seemed very hit & miss depending on who you actually dealt with, its the staff i feel sorry for. I'm sure Mr Litt himself will be comfortable in his early retirement. The people in charge almost certainly know the end is nigh, yet keep trading . Lets hope those who are owed money or goods supplied in good faith get it back in full.

John
    Easy to say but not generally true. A company director who trades when he knows the business is insolvent can go to jail. This is not a joke or something easy to avoid but very strictly enforced. In this case the bank probably pulled the rug so until they did the directors could be aware that things weren't good but not that the company was actually bust.

I am monitoring the position on the Companies house website. The company number of DJ Litt (Firearms) Ltd is 01284771. Everything has to be registered on this database by law and pretty soon I will know the name and address of the person who is doing the work so will be able to post it on here so anyone with a genuine interest in the process will be able to contact him/her quickly.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

D J Litts

Just came back from Litts auditers are in doing a stock take and company has gone bust

yes it is definitely true i heard it's for 20 million pound and the police took andrew litt away not the auditors i think he will be heading to jail for a couple of months i doubt it will open back up now unless someone with lots of cash opens a new gun shop there on the old premises
    Cz 22 lr with 3-12×56 lanber 12g o/u DSC level 1 and 2
    Howa 1500 243 with atn x sight 2 NV Remmington 700 308
    Howa 1500 30-06 with atn x sight 2 NV smith & wesson 38/357 humain killer

D J Litt

Had a chat with a bloke there, not member of public and he said debts well in excess of £25M.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vincy View Post
    yes it is definitely true i heard it's for 20 million pound and the police took andrew litt away not the auditors i think he will be heading to jail for a couple of months i doubt it will open back up now unless someone with lots of cash opens a new gun shop there on the old premises

That, my friend, is liable if it is not 100% true

Good luck Nick with companies house, it can take months for the receivers to put details forward.

A winding up order may have been serve'd on them if so ring the local courts and they my be able to tell you who the liquidaters/receivers are.

Its also very difficult to bring criminal chargers against a director who has blatantly traded insolvent, unless it is exceptional they wont bother and just ban them from being a director again.

Good Luck

Steve

fooknmissed Guest
    £20 million,do me a favour.
    It's always a good idea to take any hearsay you come across with a very big pinch of salt.

I know for a fact that they owe at least one dealer in the States $135k for goods payed for and not supplied, they also deal with another out there, but I dont know the state of play with that one.
    I was told today by a dealer that they have gone bust, owing a very large sum of cash, and it would appear that they may take other companies with them, or at least push them right to the limit finacially.

ill ring my mate , he works there

is it well prove me wrong gary c

yes it is definitely true i heard it's for 20 million pound and the police took andrew litt away
    Now all said and done, I have had the pleasure of Carl's company on a few occasions, yes customer service has been very bad over a few resent years, yet most of us still spent our money there. Andrew himself is a nice bloke and to my knowledge has never been rude to a customer. I am gutted Litt's has closed, it was after all the largest gun shop in south wales and will be missed by *all* I am sure. Problem is it's not until it's gone that you realise what a loss you have.

John
    Last edited by Hunter_zero; 09-05-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Sorry bit of a reactive post after a long old week.

i know he's a tidy bloke and always got on to them to serve if they were just hanging about chatting and yes you are right i never knew him to be rude to anyone. we all will miss them very much and i feel gutted for lads who have lost out as i know at least five who will have no way of getting there stuff .but this is the sign of the times