Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Have DJ Litts gone bust?????????????

No tears on my behalf...

Spent £1,100 on a new left-handed Beretta SP3; turned out, having noticed a crack forming, it was a right-hander "bent" - impacting it's resale value.

Litts said it was not their issue after two years, offering to sell me a replacement stock for £600.

A mate of mine took up my case with GMK rep he met at a game fair and I ended up with the stock sorted free of charge.

I would buy another Beretta but not from Litts...
    Last edited by gravity sucks; 11-05-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence..."

They were purportedly 'known' for supplying 'grey' imports to the US - Perazzi mainly but also Beretta's. Bloody shame they are in trouble as they could get hold of Euro DT's and SO's that you cannot get in the US.

I'm in the market for a couple of good Beretta's (but no rush) so when someone knows who will be dealing with their stock I would appreciate an email.

I hope that everyone on this board is made whole and not hurt by this unfortunate turn of events.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

No tears here.

I spoke with Andrew Litt on the phone and did a deal for a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 for £1010. Sportsman were doing the same scope for £1145. Andrew said delivery would be 2-3 weeks.

After 4 months I told him to poke it.
    They gave me every excuse under the sun for it not turning up.
    Their customer service was non-existant.

administrators

litts administrators are Deloitte and Touche in Cardiff. Hope this is of use. I passed by earlier on today.
    andrew

Bump for the info in my last post if its of use to anyone.

Andrew

For those interested Administrators are Deloite + Touche
    Blenheim House
    Fitzalan Court
    Newport Road
    Cardiff
    UNITED KINGDOM
    CF24 0TS
    Telephone Number: +44 (0)29 2048 1111
    Fax Number: +44 (0)29 2048 2615
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
    litts administrators are Deloitte and Touche in Cardiff. Hope this is of use. I passed by earlier on today.
    andrew
    So it is Touche and go as to whether they will keep trading?

And clearly the auditors the other day were deloittering with intent?
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.

Quote Originally Posted by TURIN TURAMBAR View Post
    So it is Touche and go as to whether they will keep trading?

And clearly the auditors the other day were deloittering with intent?
    Ha ha ha

There was a sign on the gates stating that the company was in hands of administrators and the company will not be trading .

Andrew

If they're not trading, they should really take their website down?
    Gone :-( Daystate Air Ranger .177 and MTC 3-12x44IR Viper
    On the hunt for new toys!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by reality bites View Post
    If they're not trading, they should really take their website down?
    I doubt whether at this point the administrator has made the final decision to cease trading or not. The shop will clearly be closed until they have but it all depends on what caused the failure in the first place.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Comment as I found

I have been shopping in Litts for over 20 years. Last time I went into M & S with the Mrs, I cannot remember being offered a cup of coffee!! But I have in Litts on regular occasions. How many small businesses are open until 8:00 pm every week. Yes they liked to close on time, who wouldn’t want to get home to their families, I’m sure a business like that has big security, so I’m sure it’s not just the case of putting out the cat and locking the front door!! You wouldn’t get into Tesco at 5 to 5 either!!

I’m not a big spender in Litts by any means, but I have always found the guys there very helpful, in particular Mike, Mal, Clive and Dave. I have talked to a couple of them since all this happened, and the figures rumoured are a joke, given more time Andrew would have sorted this lot out. I am so very sorry that these guys have found themselves without a job, and no doubt, like the rest of us they have mortgages and bills to pay. Andrew Litt is my book is a decent bloke, he always seemed to be working his butt off. I agree, sometimes they got things wrong, but there again, it’s never the good deals you hear about at a time like this.

I for one will sadly miss being able to go to my local gun shop, and think it’s a crying shame that yet another small family business has gone under. I’m not looking forward to the extra petrol miles, bridge tolls and inconvenience of getting my cartridges in the future.

greenshoots Guest
    shame they had quite a good gunsmith..

viv

litts

i have had a number of items from litts (mail order) and had no problems at all
    its a shame if you ask me.
    i see the add in shooting times that thay had gone under

dan
    i have 1 or 2