Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Airgun Fayre/Classic airgun shoot

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    John - I think you should be commended for all your efforts - keep them up, they're much appreciated!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Thanks Paddy

Many years ago, before I ever owned a computer I used to organise(with a very good friend) FT and 10 Metre shoots for clubs in Yorkshire. They were much easier than this, but I have got this far so it looks as though the event will go ahead
    ATBest
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    ...I have got this far so it looks as though the event will go ahead
    ATBest
    John
    That's excellent news!

tables sold

The 7 members shown in post 30 of this thread have agreed to rent 5 and a half tables between them to sell their own items or those from their club

I am sure I can find someone who wants a half table taking the total up to the minimum target of 6 tables. In addition there will be a bring and buy table manned by the club.

So we have reached a point where i can ask people to pay for the tables and then i can start trying to attract buyers or other enthusiasts who just want the opportunity to shoot on the ranges

The intention is to run:

a 20 yard sport rifle shoot

a 20 yard pistol shoot

a 50 yard shoot (any position) with (recoiling) spring guns using open/diopter sights with pre and post war classes

a FT shoot at ranges up to 40 yards

a silhouette shoot shot standing at ranges up to 25 yards

These competitions are to be fun based rather than too serious but hopefully the results will show just how good or bad some of our older airguns were

In addition, it is hoped to have an archery range set up for anyone wishing to try their arm at longbow or recurve bow archery
    John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 05-09-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: additions/changes to comps
    hold me back !!

well done

1 how would you like paying?

2 is there tables provided?

3 is the space stricktly limited?

4 will you be able to have your car behind the table?

5 more questions later or nearer the time as i know you will not have the answers yet!

thank you John

Moredetails

Hi John
    1 I will pm everyone wanting a table over the next few days asking for cheques to be sent to me but made payable to the Club
    2 Tables will be available
    3 The tables will be indoors with plenty of space
    4 The club is set in a quarry on the edge of woodland with good access and a big car park adjacent to the clubhouse

I will give details of location in the near future(might save a map off Googlemap and post it on the forum- if i can work out how to do it)

ATBest
    John
    hold me back !!

Sound good

no need for a marquee then

indoors? you spoil us

looking forward to it.

Now on a Legal matter this is the first air rifle fair I have done. Am I allowed to do this without an RFD?

I use to do antique fairs thats why i have asked the previous questions.

regards john

Quote Originally Posted by covert op View Post
    Sound good

----------

Now on a Legal matter this is the first air rifle fair I have done. Am I allowed to do this without an RFD?

I use to do antique fairs thats why i have asked the previous questions.

regards john

Yes you are allowed , if this is the first fayre you have sold airguns at

The Leicester Police Fire Arms advice is as stated in post 1 - paragraph 2.

John
    hold me back !!

Insurance for the Fayre

Leics and District Club is affiliated to the NSRA

The Club therefore have third party cover for all airgun (and archery) events on the day

This cover extends to visitors and guests(of members).

The entry fee on the day of £5 includes the Clubs £4 Green Fee which ensures that the visitor is insured against third party claims (for injury)
    (This entry fee is included in the table rental charge for those who have reserved tables)

It is therefore a requirement that all Visitors sign in on arrival so that we have a record of who attends on the day

The Clubs insurance will not cover loss, theft or accidental damage to a Club Members/Visitors guns or possessions (including your vehicle).

Nor does the insurance include personnel accident cover.

If you feel that you need additional cover, please check your house contents, personal accident and motor vehicle insurance policies and make suitable arrangements as you feel necessary.

Some house contents insurance policies do include possessions away from home depending on the level of cover taken out by you.
    Some car insurance policies will include the contents - normally these contents should be in a secure boot.

Range Safety Rules will be on display at the signing in stage and on the ranges to ensure safe shooting.

john
    hold me back !!

My pen is poised above my chequebook!

2 developements

First of all, i have had a good response from club members who have volunteered to help on the day

Secondly, I have had enquires from spring gun owners who do not have open sights on their rifles, either because they have lost or replaced them, or in some cases the gun is not designed/fitted with open sights by the manufacturer

So I will organise 2 woodland shoots.
    One specifically for open sight springers and a second one which will allow telescopic sights or open/diopter sights to be used

The proceeds on the day will help towards improvements to our ranges and from one event the proceeds will go towards Cancer research charity

Wheelchair shooters
    Our club has a number of members who shoot from a wheelchair because of various disabilities. The clubhouse, our new indoor 25 yard range and our new 50 metre range (almost complete)have good wheelchair access and we have disabled toilet facilities.

Any disabled members of the public wishing to come to buy or sell airgun items will not have a problem with access to the stalls. Unfortunately we are still in the process of trying to raise capital to modify our outdoor 20, 25 and 50 yard ranges to give wheelchair access. However wheel chair access will be available for the achery event and hopefully for the long range air rifle event

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    John - I think you should be commended for all your efforts - keep them up, they're much appreciated!
    I agree, thanks for your efforts John. Like Paddy says, they are much appreciated!!

many thanks

Cheques received from

Paddy
    John Y
    Rob M
    J.P.O.
    Self
    Stan/Archie
    Rockphoon

Many thanks fellas
    John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 30-06-2008 at 08:45 PM.
    hold me back !!

Hi

Am I right in thinking that J.P.O is mine?.

payment

Quote Originally Posted by el maipino View Post
    Hi

Am I right in thinking that J.P.O is mine?.
    Hi el maipino

I assume(and hope) so. Please advise me if I am wrong

There was no note or mention of username with the cheque.
    But a name and address were printed on back of envelope - initials were J.P.O
    I did not state your surname in thread as some members prefer some data protection

John

Latest news re. fayre is that all is going well.

I have been asked if I could also put on a woodland shoot for any type of airgun/sights. Perhaps we could have a separate class for PCPs if there is sufficient interest from those attending

ie. 2 woodland shoots

1 for open sight spring guns
    1 for guns with telescopic/other sights with 2 classes (recoiling and recoiless)
    Shooters could take part more than once using different guns.

In addition, there will be 3 target shooting competitions for open sighted rifles and pistols at ranges up to 50 yards. Hopefully we will see just how good some of the pre-war airguns were compared with more modern ones
    Regards
    John
    hold me back !!