Thread: time limits

time limits

hi all , if shooting in a proper competition for 10 metre or 6 yard does anybody know what the time limits are between shots as im finding my shots much more accurate if i put the pistol down for about 30 seconds inbetween ? any advice would be much appreciated by a relatively newcomer to paper target shooting
    cheers john

time limits between shots

come on guys somebody must know the official limits on time taken between shots , like in hft , 2 minutes per target max
    johno

Not a bloody clue........

Don't think its that important for us fella. I usually have a cup of cooffee between mine!!

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Unless its rapid fire you usually have several minutes per 10 shots. A 20 yard comp I'm in has 2 minutes for 5 shots.

Try having a look at the NSRA website.

Post Time limits

Hi,
    At last - someone else interested in real competition.
    For ISSF type competitions you get one hour and 45 minutes to fire all your (unlimited) sighters then 60 shots to count. Once you start shooting your competition series you cannot go back to sighters.
    You can shoot all your shots early, evenly throughout, half and half or wait until the end and shoot them all in a rush. It's up to you.
    In the comp I shot on Sunday I finished in more or less 1 hour. But then, I didn't win.. or come second...or third...
    See you at the next shoulder-to-shoulder.
    Majex45

Hi
    Thanks for a decent explanation, I am interested in the 10m shooting discipline and couldnt find much info on it. Also cheers to the fella for asking in first instance. All I need now is a decent pistol.
    MFR Thumbhole 22
    HW 100T 177
    HW 95k 22
    Tx 200 Mk3 177
    HW 40 177
    BSA Magnum 177