Thread: Milbro G4

Milbro G4

A friend of the family has got a Milbro G4 air pistol. Does anyone know if this is worth anything or is collectable?

It is in its original box, rust-free, 6 darts (don't know if they were supplied with the gun or not) and a tool for removing the darts (again, I don't know if they were supplied with the gun or not).

It says somewhere, on the box or a sheet, "New improved micrometer click action sight".

Judging by the style of box and pistol it could be 1960s.

Thanks.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Yes its a copy of the old EMGE Zenit pistol of the 1930s. Milbro made two versions if this. Its a fun little gun. depending on condition it might be worth anything up to £70 boxed with accessories. I paid £50 for a good condition examples in box with no extras a few months back. I'm not sure if it was ever really intended to shoort darts, as I'm not too sure it its rifled or not.

There were four versions of this, they went up to a 'MkIV', in some ways (bolted together instead of riveted for instance) they were better than the Zenit pistols they were a copy of.

They can be a nice little plinker if serviced and lubricated carefully. One funny thing about these was that the grooves in the rifling were cut individually, that is to say, one at a time. My brother has one of these where one of the grooves was not cut, but surprisingly it is still a fairly accurate pistol as plinkers go.