Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New HFT air gun club for Sussex/Kent.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester

New HFT air gun club for Sussex/Kent.

With a shortage of true HFT practice venues in our area, a small group of us have created a permanent HFT practice range. Currently 36 Simmons and Knock-over targets, from 8 to 60 yards and a limited zero area. The venue is intended as a 'walk-on' facility for all. Though primarily set up for HFT, all styles will be welcome, as the main emphasis is on practice.
    Family units and juniors will be encouraged and a variety of air guns (yep! ... back of the shed boingers and gas plinkers) will be provided for hire.
    The land owner is more than happy for us to be there, as keeping the coppice clear encourages some rare butterflies and they propose to do some kind of study.
    Once established, obviously we will have to provide a ground rent and therefore need a membership. There will be a range charge for those who prefer to turn up 'ad hoc' as non members.
    A very welcome pub backs onto the land, treat the wife, the food is superb and well priced. Best of all, they have a camping field! Anglers have week-end socials, why not air gunners? ..... probably beacause booze and guns don't mix and any degree of intoxication will exclude anyone from shooting ..... bear it in mind!
    I will post relevant pictures of the area and venue later.
    We're offering two free shoots to anyone who turns up for taster visits. Please ensure you have your insurance details with you when you sign in, as there is no club insurance provision as yet.
    Tea, coffee are on the plot and limited other catering as determined over the coming period . packed lunch, picnic in the woods?
    Dedicated toilets are in hand, until they are, the fishery facilites are at our disposal, please be considerate passing through the fishery.
    Now open from 10am to 6pm on Sundays .

Directions Location in South East:
    Main St, Peasmarsh, Rye, East Sussex, England, TN31 6YA.

Getting There:
    Iden Wood fisheries is located in Iden Wood just off of Coldharbour Lane which runs between Peasmarsh and Iden. The fishery is located on the left if you are travelling from the Peasmarsh end of Coldharbour Lane. Once on the site, follow the track untill you come to the airgun range on the right. Please do not stray onto the fishery and keep noise moderated.

Andy Ashdown (fishery owner) on 01797 280180 or mobile 07906 232225.

See you soon ....... Gaz.

Moderators if I've broken any rules in this post, I apologise in advance and understand that it may be deleted as a consequence. Hopefully not!

arf!

Gaz, you've found Heaven Food, pub, plinking???

A little far away for me, but I'll be over for sure

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

Quote Originally Posted by derek austin View Post
    Gaz, you've found Heaven Food, pub, plinking???

A little far away for me, but I'll be over for sure

Derek
    Only an hour Derek leave the wife to potter around Rye for the day, while you practice . credit card alert!

arf!

Leave her in the pub with a G & T.. (not for me ,obviously, guns and booze is plain bad news!)..

Sounds

grrrrreat!

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Great news Garry, only 15 miles away Is it only Sundays or is that just to start with?
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Well done!..Gary Shovel hands!
    Might even bless you with my prescence

Sounds like it should be good fun....
    With a serious practicing element to it!
    plink-tastic arf!!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Hmm, we holiday in Rye, now will i get away with bringing my rifle & a fishing rod

All day Sunday Charles, 10am to 6pm and Tony Miller from Willow is there on Mondays, possibly along with Tony Archer.
    It's a free time thing.
    Alan Grayson and his boys from Buxted had a taste and then went for lunch in the pub.
    Steve, I toyed with the rod and gun manouvre myself as I watched a fully plated Mirror of about 30lbs, cruising by in the margins about 6 o'clock, that would mean pitching the bivvy in the pub field all weekend! .... as it's a day water . oh that would be so harsh!
    Practised all day for next week and then polished off a very nice lasagne meal, before heading for home ....... brilliant! ..... roll on the divorce!

arf!

Quote Originally Posted by Alegazmoz View Post
    All day Sunday Charles, 10am to 6pm and Tony Miller from Willow is there on Mondays, possibly along with Tony Archer.
    It's a free time thing.
    Alan Grayson and his boys from Buxted had a taste and then went for lunch in the pub.
    Steve, I toyed with the rod and gun manouvre myself as I watched a fully plated Mirror of about 30lbs, cruising by in the margins about 6 o'clock, that would mean pitching the bivvy in the pub field all weekend! .... as it's a day water . oh that would be so harsh!
    Practised all day for next week and then polished off a very nice lasagne meal, before heading for home ....... brilliant! ..... roll on the divorce!

arf!
    So you practiced all day for next week!....That's never gonna be enough!

Then first carp comes along you fully plate!!...Nuff said!!

carpus maximus arf!!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Spongious Dopious! cop a goosey at these you floosey.

some pics

last arf!

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex

some pics

last arf!
    Where can you buy one of those cameras that take pictures 6 months into the future?
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by mog View Post
    Where can you buy one of those cameras that take pictures 6 months into the future?
    I could have yours performing the same trick for a small fee ...

silly arf!

Feral is offline One of my mil dots is missing
    Shame it's such a trek for me although a weekend camping and shooting with a 4 session comp and a bbq and a pub evening thrown in would be a top idea
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes

some pics

last arf!
    Looks like a nice relaxing day Gaz!!
    Lovely setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Shame it's such a trek for me although a weekend camping and shooting with a 4 session comp and a bbq and a pub evening thrown in would be a top idea
    It would! ...... wouldn't it? .. hmm!