Thread: Albert Jones

Albert Jones

Well Known to many people, to say Albert was a colourful charactor would be an understatement - anybody who knew him would have some story to add to this!
    . He was a true family man & forever spoke of his children, grandchildren & great-grandchildren & his late wife Hester.
    There was always a laugh & joke to be had with Albert & a lot to be learned from him.
    I have just finished reading his book, From Dock to Dock - what an eye-opener!
    Albert Jones - your life took many twits & turns, but along the way you made many freinds - you won't be forgotton.
    THE ORACLE

albert jones

sorry to here the old fella passed away, only knew him from the gun club at worsley some time ago , he sure knew how to talk,sad to see a genuine good bloke go but i think he had a good run.

Albert Jones

Just now read of Albert's passing, and though not surprised - he must have been at least 125yrs old when I knew him! - it still made me feel quite sad.

I moved down to Cornwall 3 1/2 years ago, but until then was a member of the City of Salford Shooting Club, to which Albert was affiliated, and I very much enjoyed his banter, and ribbing of the other club officials. He certainly wasn't everyone's cup of tea ( - who is?), but I always found him friendly and helpful; especially if he could make a couple of quid from you with one of his Arthur Daley-esque deals!

Albert always was a shooter though, and very much promoted our shared interest when it mattered. RIP.
    S410K + AAF 4.51 =
    Anschutz 1417 .22lr (thumbhole)
    16" CZ452 Varmint .17HMR