Thread: The pellet thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    My new S400 Carbine likes AA Field 4.51 which is strange as S400's in .177 usually like 4.52's. Not that I've tried 4.52 yet. But 14 shots at 25 yards in a group slightly smaller than a 5p shot with 4.51's is hard to argue with.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Bisley Pest Control /Crow Magnum .22

Just bought a tin of these to try out in my BSA Spitfire (apparently same barrel as many othe BSA rifles). 1) They are very hard to push flush into the barrel 2) In the sun through the scope at 9x I could see the pellet "corkscrewing" towards the target - which incidentally it did not hit. The hollow point seems to make these unstable in flight - for my gun at least. They're not even useful for plinking - I'll throw them away.

FX Cyclone .177- Accupels, Mosquito Express, Daystate Rangemaster (4.50)
    RWS Rapier .22 - Mosquito Express, Defiant (medium)
    FX 2000 .177 - JSB Exact (heavy)
    Air Arms S300.177 - JSB Exact (heavy)
    Daystate Huntsman Classic -.20 Daystate or JSB

Regards,
    Tinnie56

Don't know if this is abit a late:

.177 Daystate X2R - Logun Penetrators, AA Diablo Field, Crossman Premiers

.22 Webley Stingray - Webley Lazadomes

Jimbob

Daystate x2 .177 = Superdomes 14.5
    AA S410 .177 = Penetrators 9.5
    AA s410 .22 = Accupel 14.3
    RWS 500 = Penetrators 16 and Superdome 14.5
    Hw97k .22 Superdome 14.5
    Logun s16s Superdome 14.5
    FX Verminator.. ????? (aint found one i'm happy with yet.. fussy little gun)

pellets

Well let see then
    my old titan in 22 likes air arms,
    my old falcon in .177 likes air arms too,
    now my old .410 e do like no.7s in 2 3/4.
    me 20 do like no.6s in 2 3/4 24 gram load.
    and me 12,e do like no 4s cause that do hit them ing hard.
    ..Pops

The designer of this rifle who lives close by in Ashford, Kent recommends the following pellet to be used on all .22 Gunpower models -

Bisley Magnum
    Land Owner and Proud Supporter of 2nd Amendment JT Magbe Contracting

be more precise. my AA200 and 400 love napier if i am target shooting, they hate them if i am hunting. if i was using napier before i went hunting i would have to clean the barrel and use my eley wasp or washed and waxed bog standard off the market pellets. the supestar .22 absolutely loved washed and waxed eley wasp.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

OK, don't laugh, but I was given half a tin of .22 Spitfires, so I decided to try them in the 19GR as I was running low on ammo in that calibre. While they are far from a premium brand, they were a lot better than expected, with no obviously deformed pellets or swarf in the tin - and the 19GR really likes them, (more so than some of the expensive brands that I've tried). Might actually buy a couple of tins, as they're available locally for less than a fiver. More than good enough for plinking....

The pellet thread!

Hi rabbitwrecker when I have bought a rifle from my RFD they always insist on giving me a tin of Spitfire pellets. Hmm I thought these look pretty crap but to my surprise they grouped really well at 20 to 25 yds. we always hear of how Spitfire pellets are rubbish but believe it or not they are quiet good to shoot with.

The pellet thread!

I have the Grand Slam 1250 5.5mm. Been tuned and trigger worked on. The Defiant Orgive 16gr gives consistent accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    OK, don't laugh, but I was given half a tin of .22 Spitfires, so I decided to try them in the 19GR as I was running low on ammo in that calibre. While they are far from a premium brand, they were a lot better than expected, with no obviously deformed pellets or swarf in the tin - and the 19GR really likes them, (more so than some of the expensive brands that I've tried). Might actually buy a couple of tins, as they're available locally for less than a fiver. More than good enough for plinking....
    I've fired a few tins of spitfires, my nemeses and my paratrooper both seem happy with them. Mind you, it's under 10 range. Ive cleaned, clubbed an sorted thru a few tins, an they're Ok. Not a quality pellet, but for plinking they will do.

My hk 97 kt likes air arms Diabolos, an rws superdomes.

Rick