Thread: The pellet thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_2007 View Post
    Following this thread... http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280329

I have decided that I will make one of these free websites which will have a list on of what works well in different guns. This should save people time and money because they should be able to atleast narrow the possible pellets down before even buying a tin!

I realise that even diferent guns of the same model can prefer different pellets but this should go atleast some way to heling people!

But, I only have one air rifle and So I need your help, please reply to this thread with the make, model and caliber of your rifle/pistol and what pellets or pellets it likes.

Thanks,

Toby
    Air Arms S200 .22 - likes: Air Arms Field Diablo; dislikes: H&N Silhouette, Webley Venom Lazapell

DaystateMk3 R .177 - likes Arms Arms Field Diablo (4.52), Daystate Select (4.52); Dislikes: H&N Field Trophy Target

BSA XL Tactical .177 - Arms Arms Field Diablo (4.52), Daystate Select (4.52); Dislikes: H&N Field Trophy Target (these are a really tight fit in the barrel!)

Some more.

Gamo Magum .177 (Mirrorbore).

Dislikes: Prometheus or other plastic-sabot pellets. (Don't know why). All over the place.
    So-So: Wadcutters, unless the barrel screw is loose.

As a thought, sometimes it's as important to know which ones *don't* work so well with a particular model.

I wonder if there's a pellet and airgun wiki?

David.

AA S410 .177:

Top choice - Webley Mosquito Express 4.52.

Close second - JSB Exact 4.52, AA Field 4.52, Daystate FT 4.52 (and probably any other 8.4 grain JSB equivalents in 4.52).

Worth considering - Bisley Long Range Gold, Acuples, Crossman Premier and Defiants

AA TX 200HC .177:

Top choice - AA Field 4.52 (and probably any other 8.4 grain JSB equivalents in 4.52)

Close second - Webley Mosquito Express 4.52

HW 97K .177:

As gun is very new to me I have only tested AA Field 4.52 which work very well – interested to see what else is recommended for this rifle.

BTAS FX Cyclone .22 FAC

Top choice: AA Field 5.52, FX Premier 5.52 (and probably any other 16 grain JSB clones in 5.52.)

Not recommended: As the gun is very pellet fussy I would just stick to the above.

bump, keep them commin guys