Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The pellet thread!

new to forum, not new to airguns.

hi all as the title suggests iam new to this very fine forum but not to other forums and definatly not new to the world of airgunning but did take a long break when my days were spent raising a family and fly fishing.

anyhow didnt see a section on here for introductions so hello all, love an old pellet discussion so was drawn to this thread for my first post.

iam currently only using a modded old crosman 760 dating back to the sixties a real nice version of it all metal parts not the cheap plastic crap you get today. and i find that with this RWS hobby and gamo pro match flathead pellets work superbly and also double up as effective close range pest control pellets.

cheers all, james.

[B]Daystate x2 r sports .22 [B] likes Airs Arms Field, will comfortably group under an inch at 30m------Dislikes Accupels as they jammed

BSA Lightning .22liked Accupels then went onto Air Arms field still good groups.(only because i was being tight using same pellets)

As of yesterday it regrouped using Accupels, from sitting at 25m 1" although i did spot its trajectory looping off left and back in.

I plum for a tin of RWS Superdomes anyone wanna argue??
    BSA Lightning with a bipod - Hawke niteye 3-9 x50 mil dot illum reticle. Daystate x2sports r - NVS4900 NV. Spare Simmons 3-9 x 40 scope.

bsa

bsa lighting xl tac

Falcon Accuracy Plus 177

best i have put through this gun

Talking bsa lighting

bsa lighting xl tac

Falcon Accuracy Plus 177

7.33 gr

light but very good

ive just found on a auction site a tin of pellets at 26.5 grain .22 please could some one advise me with there greater brain buy them or steer clear of them ,thanks stefan

anybody at all

Buy em and try em!!!!!!!!!!!
    Freedom needs a soldier.

Feinwerkbau P700 RWS R10 8.2gr
    Feinwerkbau P700 Jr RWS R10 8.2gr
    "Cheaper, faster, lighter - pick any two!"

Tx 200 .177
    Daystate Huntsman .177
    Both worked extremely well with;
    Crosman Premiers superbly consistent for weight and size
    RWS Superdomes;
    Superdomes were sized using a BIC pen, this resulted in three size groups which were kept in separate tins FT, FT practice, and plinking
    Occasionally I used pellet lubes,
    Rapeseed Oil on a cloth
    Molycote on a cloth, this was used by pneumatics companies to lubricate"O"rings
    on cylinders etc. that ran 24-7 for hundreds+ of hours
    You don't know what you've got till it's gone

falcon 177 pellets

got my new gun a hw77k mk1 tuned and put some falcon 177 pellets through it and they are very very very good they are a light pellet at 7.33 grains but still good in the wind

Daystate MK4iS - Jsb Exact 4.52

Weihrauch 100S

My gun likes Webley Accu pell - shoots consistently at 25yds for field target shooting

With my lightning XL i have found it prefers JSB exacts, have tried daystate selects and AA diablo but didn't get as good groups with them.

josh

I think that it does not matter what gun you have and what pellet you use each gun is different and each person is different and the best way is to try what you think will work untill you find one that suits you and your needs

for example my Air Arms EV2
    Air Arms recommends Air arms 4.51 pellets
    other people say the JSB 4.52 pellets
    some say bisley or accupell
    i found that mine groups better with RWS superdome 4.53 pellets
    so lots of variations to what you actually use depends on the person shooting and the gun as no 2 barrels are identical, no two people are the same, no mk1 eyeball works the same so my take on all this is buy 1 tin of your own preferred choice try it then if it crap try 50-100 pellets of every other one to see a difference one will work best then stick with it because what works for one person may not work for you so trial and error works best

my s410, hw97k, hw100, hw 90 gasram, daystate mk3, bsa superstar mk1, cometta 300, gamo stutzen all .22 all prefer different pellets so need 5 different makes of pellets to use them all well and my other 6 .177 rifles are the same they all prefer different pellets only the rapid 7 and ev2 prefer the same pellets but that is just my guns

best advice is get few different tins and see what works best for you and stick to it no matter what others say works best for them they may or may not work for you

3 different EV2s at the gun club all look the same all made the same year use the same size barrel all 3 prefer different pellets one rws superdome one jsb exact 4.52 and the other prefers accupell so big difference between 3 identical guns and shooters
    Not enough space to write the collection but 5 gun cabinets and a big shed does the trick
    "SHOOT IT, SKIN IT, COOK IT, EAT IT " and my favourite only a blind man says "i cant see the target in my scope" and is telling the truth

Talking

hi toby i shoot a hw95 in 177 my gun likes JSB exact diabolo