Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The pellet thread!

am i in the right place for this

hi i always used superdome,s in my guns but not many local places doing them now , my 177 hw77 used to be very accurate with them ,,,,,,anyway saw some for sale in a shop which was local by me , anyway i did not find these very good in my rapid and there seems to be some kind of sleave or extra lead inside
    anyone tried these
    Last edited by madcarlos; 30-11-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling again

Only in .22 size

I have excellent accuracy with the Superdomes, but never have tried the .177 caliber version.
    I wish the "dome" was a little more rounded though. They are almost flat nosed like the wadcutters.

And yeah, what is it with the double wall skirt? Anybody know whay it appears to have an insert in it?

Vintage Webley and BSA

My old Webley Junior .177 smooth bore,
    and BSA standard .177 both fire well with Bisley Wasp in red tin.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    hi i always used superdome,s in my guns but not many local places doing them now , my 177 hw77 used to be very accurate with them ,,,,,,anyway saw some for sale in a shop which was local by me , anyway i did not find these very good in my rapid and there seems to be some kind of sleave or extra lead inside
    anyone tried these
    tried some superdomes in my '80 (.22) after lots of rave reviews by lots of people who swear by them.
    They did not suit my gun at all. So i stuck with H&N - FTT which my 80 loves.

not having much luck taking down the huge amount of magpies here , distance is about 25 yards , gun is a webley raider 2 shot , had it chronod and is at just under 11 using webley domes .
    so today went and got a refill and purchased some pointed pellets thinking i might be more successful , but staright away they jammed in the scuttle , managed to get it out but not sure about trying any more just incase it buggers up the gun .
    any advice appreciated
    peter

Hi

AA MPR FT - 177 - AA Diablo 4.52
    AA TDR - 22 - Accupel
    Daystate Wingmaster - 177 - Li
    Datstate Air Ranger - 22 - Accupel

Hope it helps...Regards

Lube !!!

Hi,I have found that Napier Power Pellet Lube works very well when you follow the instructions i.e a couple of drops in a tin. we found it hard to believe but for about three pounds a bottle our grouping was consistantly better even in " a blind test".Variety of guns tested including air arms .177 410 .177 web raider .22 BSA scorpion pistol .22 ASI Rangemaster So a good variety.
    Hope this is of use.

regards

Steve

BSA Ultra Multi .22 loves H&N FTT
    BSA Lightning XL .177 loves H&N FTT
    Al
    Last edited by New ola; 29-12-2011 at 07:34 PM.

My he 97 like superdomes also .

I'm new to the forum and just spent a good half hour scanning through the posts on pellets and visiting the website.

I use RWS Superdomes in my .177 HW97 and Blue Wasps in my .22 Mk6 Airsporter

The thing I like about this thread though is the food for thought it gives you - I'd never have thought of using Mosquito Express but I'm going to give them a go on the strength of this.

I've also discovered an old tin of Eley Wasps in 4.5mm in the garage so I'm looking forward to giving them a whirl to see how they compare as soon as i can get into the garden without getting drenched!

Quote Originally Posted by PETER R View Post
    ...but staright away they jammed in the scuttle , managed to get it out but not sure about trying any more just incase it buggers up the gun .
    any advice appreciated
    peter
    I wouldn't use them. See if you can return them and exchange domed because they are usually shorter for a given mass and tend to feed better.
    I've had some pointed ones jam on some rifles too.

Does anyone here besides me use JSB Exact? Lots of designs/weights, superior accuracy and consistancy than any other I've tried. in fact, the 25.3 grain "Monster" and the 18.1 grain "Heavy" groups are just above each other in my .22 Discovery--with no re-sight-in needed.
    (I didn't search all the previous posts, admittedly.)

-Rob

Air Arms S510 .177 - H&N Field Target Trophy + Logun Penatrators
    BSA R10 Mk1 .177 - H&N Field Target Trophy
    HW100 FSB .177 - Bisley Magnums + Weirauch Magnums
    BSA Superstar .22 - RWS Superdomes

I have done numerious tests with pellets with my AA EV2 MK4 & found the JSB Express 4.52 & AA Field 4.51 to group extremely well out to 50m.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    The thing I like about this thread though is the food for thought it gives you - I'd never have thought of using Mosquito Express but I'm going to give them a go on the strength of this.
    You will find it difficult as Mosquito have now been discontinued and the nearest alternative (or same) is JSB Exact Express. Both pellets perform the same in my HW97K and produce very tight groups.
    Last edited by Mike1; 18-01-2012 at 09:26 PM.