AA 400 super light .177
    Bisley pest control
    RWS fields
    Not so much the pellet you use, it's the person behind the trigger

BSA Supersport .177 rws superdome

Jsb exacts

Daystate mk3 ft- jsb exacts 4.52 .177

Me:
    HW97K 177: JSB Exact 4.52; AA Diabolo Field 4.52; RWS Superdome (groups slightly larger than previous two); Crosman Premier 7.9gr
    HW95K 177: Same as HW97K
    Brocock Concept 177:JSB Exact; AA Diabolo Field. Definitely doesn't like: H&N Field & Target Trophy
    BSA Supersport Custom Carbine 22: Never found anything yet that it likes! Help, please!

Ole Lady:
    AA/CZ S200 177: JSB Exact 4.52; AA Diabolo Field 4.52.
    Crosman 2240: RWS Superdome (best); RWS Hobby
    Gamo R77: RWS Hobby

Cheers - datadave

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Sean View Post
    You missed out somethingLanes Bulldog are second to none....one thing I have descoverd since 1975 when I began shooting is don't be too choosey with pellets.The less I can pay the better and theres little to no difference between any of them.
    I have to both disagree and agree with you. In the 'good ole days' of the 70's when Wasp were really made by Eley at Kynoch and Lincoln Jeffries was still a household name, there were far fewer makes and marques of pellet to choose from but at least they were different - so it was possible to differentiate between their performances. Now, there are many more brands to choose from - or are there? There seems to be much 'badge engineering' and swapping of trade names between manufacturers. There has been much debate - at least between members of my ARC for example about whether JSB Exact, AA Diabolo Field and even RWS Superfield are one and the same 're-badged' pellet produced by the same manufacturer. The links between Webley and Crosman pellets seem pretty well defined and a number of pellets have been marketed under the BSA brand. The old favourite, Wasp - are I believe - now 'made' by Bisley - but who makes Bisley pellets? Is it H&N?

So, while we spend time, money and effort on 'comparing' pellet performance, what are we really comparing? In the end, although I know that certain pellets shoot better than others in specific guns, there seems little point in being too choosey between the same man in different hats!

Cheers - datadave
    Last edited by datadave; 09-04-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: To include a bit more information

Quote Originally Posted by Turriking View Post
    Hi,I have found that Napier Power Pellet Lube works very well when you follow the instructions i.e a couple of drops in a tin. we found it hard to believe but for about three pounds a bottle our grouping was consistantly better even in " a blind test".Variety of guns tested including air arms .177 410 .177 web raider .22 BSA scorpion pistol .22 ASI Rangemaster So a good variety.
    Hope this is of use.

regards

Steve
    I've never given much thought to pellet lubrication, leaving this to the FTT elite shooters but from your results, it may be worth a try. You don't say which pellet/s you tested, though. I was particularly interested to see that you tested a BSA Scorpion - which pellet do you find gives the best results?

Cheers - datadave

Thumbs up

bsa superten .22.........webley accupell's
    powapells
    h&n ftt
    rws superdome
    rws superpoint.

All great pellets, accupells and h&n ftt grouping 1/4" at 45yrds. the powerpells was a close 1/4" but had a few fiers at 45yrds. all had ten shots each. the rest of them was about1/2" groups at 45yrds.
    @25yrds all was pellet on pellet. would recomend any one of these pellets through the superten, cheers.

hw101

hw101 177= 4.52 jsb excacts

Hw100 .22 fx 16 grains

Hw100 kt 177
    Hn ftt 8.6 gr

leland

someone asked "what good are copper pellets" i found a use that i am tempted to try out, if you fire them up and down the trunk of a dreaded Lillandai (dont know if thats the right spelling) the tree dies hooray!!!!!

Rapid 7 .177 accupells , air arms diabolo field, RWS superdomes
    AA TX200 HC acuppells, air arms diabolo field

Daystate Air Wolf MCT .177 - Daystate Rangemaster Li, JSB exact 4.53, Daystate FT Heavy.
    Daystate Mk4 .177 - As above.