Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: The pellet thread!

FX T12 .177 AA Field 4.51
    Daystate HarrierX .177 AA Field 4.51, Daystate FT Heavy (ok accuracy not keen on trajectory)
    Webley Raider 10 .22 Accupell , AA Field or Hunter work just as well.
    Now we voted for freedom lets get the shackles off and watch us fly.
    Webley Mk2 Service,Daystate HarrierX .177, Webley Raider 10 .22 ,FX T12 .177
    Starlight Arrow NV.

be more precise. my AA200 and 400 love napier if i am target shooting, they hate them if i am hunting. if i was using napier before i went hunting i would have to clean the barrel and use my eley wasp or washed and waxed bog standard off the market pellets. the supestar .22 absolutely loved washed and waxed eley wasp.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

OK, don't laugh, but I was given half a tin of .22 Spitfires, so I decided to try them in the 19GR as I was running low on ammo in that calibre. While they are far from a premium brand, they were a lot better than expected, with no obviously deformed pellets or swarf in the tin - and the 19GR really likes them, (more so than some of the expensive brands that I've tried). Might actually buy a couple of tins, as they're available locally for less than a fiver. More than good enough for plinking....

The pellet thread!

Hi rabbitwrecker when I have bought a rifle from my RFD they always insist on giving me a tin of Spitfire pellets. Hmm I thought these look pretty crap but to my surprise they grouped really well at 20 to 25 yds. we always hear of how Spitfire pellets are rubbish but believe it or not they are quiet good to shoot with.

The pellet thread!

I have the Grand Slam 1250 5.5mm. Been tuned and trigger worked on. The Defiant Orgive 16gr gives consistent accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_2007 View Post
    Following this thread... http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280329

I have decided that I will make one of these free websites which will have a list on of what works well in different guns. This should save people time and money because they should be able to atleast narrow the possible pellets down before even buying a tin!

I realise that even diferent guns of the same model can prefer different pellets but this should go atleast some way to heling people!

But, I only have one air rifle and So I need your help, please reply to this thread with the make, model and caliber of your rifle/pistol and what pellets or pellets it likes.

Thanks,

Toby
    Thanks Toby that's very helpful.
    I bought a BSA / Gamo Hornet .22 springer 18 months ago. I tried Eley wasps without much consistency, then some RWS super H Point which were better but a slightly loose fit. BSA's own brand Interceptor and Elite are both working very well.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    OK, don't laugh, but I was given half a tin of .22 Spitfires, so I decided to try them in the 19GR as I was running low on ammo in that calibre. While they are far from a premium brand, they were a lot better than expected, with no obviously deformed pellets or swarf in the tin - and the 19GR really likes them, (more so than some of the expensive brands that I've tried). Might actually buy a couple of tins, as they're available locally for less than a fiver. More than good enough for plinking....
    I've fired a few tins of spitfires, my nemeses and my paratrooper both seem happy with them. Mind you, it's under 10 range. Ive cleaned, clubbed an sorted thru a few tins, an they're Ok. Not a quality pellet, but for plinking they will do.

My hk 97 kt likes air arms Diabolos, an rws superdomes.

Rick

I have just bought 56 tins of .22 pellets from a guy who use to sell pellet sample packs. I am in the process of going through them on my Rapid S type. Previously I have only used Accupells through it, but I am getting some supprising results with some cheaper pellets.

BSA r10 .177 JSB Exact Heavy 4.52
    Daystate Huntsman Regal .177 JSB Exact Heavy 4.52
    Theoben Rapid MK11 .20 H&N FTT 5.0
    Air Arms S410K .22 Logun Penetrators 5.5
    RWS Rapier .22 Air Arms Field 5.52
    SMK XS19 Custom Carbine Hunter .177 JSB Exact 4.52
    Theoben Eliminator .22 H&N FTT 5.0

Cheers, Phil
    THE BRAIN CANNOT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE POSTERIA CANNOT TOLERATE

Walther Terrus .177
    AA 4.52 diabolo fields,
    CPHP,
    Crosman Destroyer,
    H&N Field.

Remington express .177
    AA 4.52 diabolo fields,
    RWS superdomes,
    CPHP.

HW100 .177 JSB Exact 4.52

Pre-war Haenel Mod II DRP - .22 RWS Superdome...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    HW 77 .22 VMach 25mm Cylinder. Air Arms Diablo Field 5.52.
    HW 80 .22 SFS. JSB Exact Jumbo 5.52.
    HW 80 .177 S Pope V-Glided. Air Arms Diablo Field 4.51.
    HW 80 .25 SFS. H&N Field & Target Trophy 6.00.
    HW 95 .177 SFS. Air Arms Diablo Field 4.52.
    “An airgun or two”………

HW99S .177: AA diablo field 4.52

My S410 loves the Diablo fields and jSB exacts .177