Thread: Polish Airgun Laws

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.

Polish Airgun Laws

I have done a search and come up with the following:

But then this will continue only until the end of this year. As of 1st January 2004 we will be back in the civilised world, kind of. I.e. Muzzle energy limit of 17 J (more or less the UK FAC limit), no barrel restrictions but (as was always the case here barring ancient times) no airgun hunting
    With regards Polish Airgun laws. I understand that up to this point, barrels had to be smoothbore.

Can anyone confirm that this change in legislation has indeed taken place, and that there are no restrictions on PCP's in Poland.

Alex

Gary C Guest
    I had a colleague who used to do FT with a Tracker in Poland. So I don't think they had to be smoothbores.

The above quote is true.

Power of all airguns (including PCP's) is restricetd to 17J and rifled barrels are allowed without any form of certificate.

Piotr

I think there is slight confusion...

Before January this year you could legally own a smoothbore air gun without any licence with unlimited power, but a licence/certificate was required for a rifled air gun, which was normally issued if you were a member of a club etc.

Now the law has changed and it allows an adult to have an airgun with power of less then 17J, for a more powerful air gun a certificate/permission is required. There is no restriction on whether the gun is PCP or spring. This law is simillar to the UK law, however you can buy an FAC air gun and register it after you have purchased it, to make things more confusing...

Piotr

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    That's excellent, so a person in Poland could be in possession of a rifled PCP of under 12ftlbs (about 16.5J IIRC), and forward it to the UK perfectly legally.

Thanks lads.