Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Makarov MP-654K really any good?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GLow View Post
    No problems with it, and it was easy enough to strip should there be any problems. The magazine holds both the CO2 and the BB's, which is a nice touch. I preferred the Walther PPK for sheer fun factor.

Give one a go, they do keep their value should it not turn out to be a keeper.

I really fancy an Airwolf and have been seriously thinking of selling my TDR and S16S to put towards a wolf or maybe a ranger. Is yours everything that you hoped it would be?
    Thanks for the info chaps keep it coming

Regards the airwolf, hand on heart it's the best rifle i've ever owned It does everything I want it to do and im still highly impressed with it, the shot count is superb, and I know its one of those 'yeah would say that cos you own one etc' but I will always tell it how it is.

I bought a rapid7 before the wolf because it was recommended to me as the rifle to have etc and at first I was impressed with it, but that gradualy wore off, the lack of any quick fill and gauge started to slowly put me off it, removing the buddy bottle all the time was becoming a chore and then I started to have seal problems and leaks with it which put the nail in the coffin.

sold it and bought the wolf I use it for hunting and target shooting down my local range in my view and from my experiences its highly recomended and everything its cracked up to be

"Pellets will fit if used as single shot"

I didn't know that chap, forgive me for being thick I assume that would be just insert one pellet in the mag and then load?

sounds like theres quite a bit of scope on them then with tuning potential etc

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I didn't know that chap, forgive me for being thick I assume that would be just insert one pellet in the mag and then load?
    It's not common knowledge but if you remove the slide and manually insert the pellet it will fire them. Fiddly but worth it in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    It's not common knowledge but if you remove the slide and manually insert the pellet it will fire them. Fiddly but worth it in some cases.
    Ah, I see that would be a little fiddly, I take it theres no way of modding it to fire a mag with pellets in?

with regards to fitting superior barrels do you know if that would allow scope for a silencer to be fitted?

sorry to keep pestering on about it, I just want to increase my knowledge of them, is it simple enough to put it up to around 5ft?

keep the feedback coming good or bad

I take it theres no way of modding it to fire a mag with pellets in?

with regards to fitting superior barrels do you know if that would allow scope for a silencer to be fitted?

sorry to keep pestering on about it, I just want to increase my knowledge of them, is it simple enough to put it up to around 5ft?

keep the feedback coming good or bad
    Maybe but getting it to feed would be very awkward.

Yes, once an extended barrel is fitted a adaptor can be made to facilitate the addition.

No, it's also quite risky in terms of either overdoing it or ruining the valve. Power is adjusted via magazine modification, which is where the valve is housed.

Thanks for the info Korium I appericiate it

I can't wait to get one, only problem is the nearest shop that has one in stock is blooming miles away unless Im quickest to the draw in the FS section

The superior barrel intrigues me, would that be the drudz or droid something or other type barrel?

Thanks for the info Korium I appericiate it

The superior barrel intrigues me, would that be the drudz or droid something or other type barrel?
    No problem.

Yes, that is the easiest option, although something better could possibly be machined to fit. I haven't seen any full on custom Makarovs for a while but I'm sure some had various other barrels.

I've got two Makarov's and think they're great fun.Don't expect too much but they are a fantastic plinker and when you get used to the gun quite accurate better than the Walther PPK without the blowback off course.I use Gamo lead balls(13 in the mag) very lightly lubed that work quite well with good power and approximately 60 shots out of one Co2 capsule

Forgot to mention the barrel is rifled.

Lightbulb

Think you'll find it virtually impossible to get it to 5 ft.lbs+

would dearly love to know how myself without adding a 4 ft long barrel

ATB

Pete
    p.s yes,put a steel BB in 1st to stop distortion .

the mak is know the only co2 gun i have now ive had lots umerex gamo crossman etc
    i have two maks because they are soooo great! build quality can be patchy but i love them find a good one and you will never sell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
    I've got two Makarov's and think they're great fun.Don't expect too much but they are a fantastic plinker and when you get used to the gun quite accurate better than the Walther PPK without the blowback off course.I use Gamo lead balls(13 in the mag) very lightly lubed that work quite well with good power and approximately 60 shots out of one Co2 capsule
    Two??? Lucky bugger don't suppose you'd throw one my way

To be honest chap im not expecting it to be perfect Just something I want to keep and enjoy.

With regards to the co2 capsules/bulbs are the maks fussy with brands or will any bulb do?

I've heard the mags can squish the first and last lead bb and the advice is to put a copper/steel bb in first and last? do you know if thats the case or cobblers?

My thought are if its a riffled barrel best to stick with lead bb's all the time?

T
    With regards to the co2 capsules/bulbs are the maks fussy with brands or will any bulb do?

I've heard the mags can squish the first and last lead bb and the advice is to put a copper/steel bb in first and last? do you know if thats the case or cobblers?

My thought are if its a riffled barrel best to stick with lead bb's all the time?
    Any brand is fine. Leave the cylinder in to conserve the seals (yes, this is adverse in the case of most CO2 pistol but not the Mak).

That is true and the jams can also be awkward to fix. Some modifications can remedy the problem.

Yes, the steel BBs will damage the rifling eventually.

i have had one since getting back into shooting and its fab! as previously said they do like to be fine tuned to make it a smoother shoot but as its using the same parts as its 9mm big brother (main assembly) then its going to feel rough until this is done! And i believe its one of the only bb guns that uses original full bore parts?
    'The man who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor judge of distance'.

bigglesworth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
    I like Red Dot`s thinking on this, the lead balls will tend to deform ,rather than richochet,so there`s a real safety(and accuracy) bonus here..Also I wish I`d bought a Makarov when they were easier to get.I`ve tried one and honest to God it feels so close to the real thing,after all Baikal State factory makes service pistols on the same production line as the co2 version.

Get one , no get two ;and send one to me!!

Kenny.