Thread: HW40 and me?

HW40 and me?

Hi guys:

I bought this pistol some years back, not used much so I gave it to the lad. Now the lad has a Rohm I'm using it again.

It has one feature I struggle with, it always shoots right of the target a good inch at 6 yds adjusting the sigts does little.

tried fiddling with my trigger technique to no avail. I put a scope on it and rested it at 10 metre its capable of a ragged one hole group. The only method of stopping it shooting right is to grip the thing very tight but this makes my arm shake.

I'm fresh out of ideas any tips.
    Thanks
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

left handed grip and right eye dominance would account for your observed outcome...

Quote Originally Posted by the_haggis View Post
    left handed grip and right eye dominance would account for your observed outcome...
    You are correct sir, I am left handed and right eye dominant.

Strange, just tried an experiment 5 shots left handed with left eye closed 4/5 clover leaf group on centre 1 high and central.

5 shots left handed right eye closed 1 inch right of centre wider group.

Looks promising but I dont understand why it works.

Thanks for that tip I am loking forward to trying this at the club on the 6 yd pistol cards.
    Cheers
    John

After further testing I now believe this pistol does not suit me at all I can have good groups and really bad ones bit like the local weather diffucult to predict what happens next. Back in the cupboard you go
    John

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by the_haggis View Post
    I tend to shoot mine to the right also, but am left handed AND left-eye dominant.

Other than sight misalignment - - what might account for this?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I tend to shoot mine to the right also, but am left handed AND left-eye dominant.

Other than sight misalignment - - what might account for this?

Jim
    I think it is down to the trigger reach being too long. Perhaps a set back trigger if one is available might cure it. Also they are too light and would benefit from a longer barrel bit more weight at the end. I struggle to get my index finger round the trigger and think I push the pistol to the right during firing as stated earlier Im left handed.
    John