Thread: 1322 barrel!

1322 barrel!

I have fitted a scope to my 1322 carbine, and have noticed that the barrel is loose E.G rocks a couple of mill each way I can't see no obvious way of tightening it, Any idea's Guy's, would a alloy barrel band be the answer,
    If so where would I get one from,

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fishzx7r View Post
    I have fitted a scope to my 1322 carbine, and have noticed that the barrel is loose E.G rocks a couple of mill each way I can't see no obvious way of tightening it, Any idea's Guy's, would a alloy barrel band be the answer,
    Not sure how you've got it modded (I take it it's a Crosman 1322?), but the screw which secures the barrel goes through the rear sight. Barrell is also secured at the front with the front sight assembly. Check to see the rear sight screw is tight, and the front site assembly should have no play. You need to use the smallest scope you can get away with on the 1322. You might also need to replace the plastic spacer between barrel and main body.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by fishzx7r View Post
    Like thechemist said, you have probably fitted a heavy scope and crossman "pro"blox to the barrel (any bigger than a 4x20 will screw the barrel about when wobbled) and yes check the screws, I had to use thread lock!

If that's the case then your best bet would be to scrap the "pro"blox and plastic breech and fit a grooved steel breech (either custom built ones or crossmans own). I will send you a pic of mine if you like, you might recognize it under all the add-ons

HTH

[QUOTE=DE man;2716589]Like thechemist said, you have probably fitted a heavy scope and crossman "pro"blox to the barrel (any bigger than a 4x20 will screw the barrel about when wobbled) and yes check the screws, I had to use thread lock!

If that's the case then your best bet would be to scrap the "pro"blox and plastic breech and fit a grooved steel breech (either custom built ones or crossmans own). I will send you a pic of mine if you like, you might recognize it under all the add-ons :

Yes Mate, photo please