Thread: Damned Springers

Damned Springers

Damned springers, I'm struggling like a baby trying to feed itself here with my BSA 240. I set the sights up with a 2 handed hold and start to get some consistency, then I try single handed, where the hell did the pellet go damn it's hard trying to get some consistency with the little springer, I'm all over the place.

Hint's tips and suggestions on the best way to master this monster of a coiled spring, oh and the reason for the two styles is the BBS pistol comp

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by northern35s View Post
    Damned springers, I'm struggling like a baby trying to feed itself here with my BSA 240. I set the sights up with a 2 handed hold and start to get some consistency, then I try single handed, where the hell did the pellet go damn it's hard trying to get some consistency with the little springer, I'm all over the place.

Hint's tips and suggestions on the best way to master this monster of a coiled spring, oh and the reason for the two styles is the BBS pistol comp
    The critical thing is the grip strength you apply, try to be firm but relaxed and when you find the strength that gets it on target remember it and repeat it till it sticks. Use the same strength grip for 2 handed too, so that your 2nd hand supports the front of your grip hand but does not touch the gun or squeeze the grip hand.

It will come eventually

We tried some 15 yard knock down targets with several different types of pistols, most with open sights on Sunday at Shepreth. Very good fun, especially when tried with the Drulov at 5 seconds to empty the mag.

Cheers

John

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

An aha! moment of enlightenment:

Use the same strength grip for 2 handed too, so that your 2nd hand supports the front of your grip hand but does not touch the gun or squeeze the grip hand.
    So wrapping my index finger round the front of the trigger guard is the bit making all the difference, I knew it stabilised the gun and is probably what is stopping the gun twisting in my hand, right, I'm off, I've got some practice to do.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by northern35s View Post
    An aha! moment of enlightenment:

So wrapping my index finger round the front of the trigger guard is the bit making all the difference, I knew it stabilised the gun and is probably what is stopping the gun twisting in my hand, right, I'm off, I've got some practice to do.
    You can touch the gun on light recoiling pistols, but not full power ones

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.