Thread: CP99 Compact problem

CP99 Compact problem

Hi All,

My CP99 Compact has developed a problem. . . just as its out of warrenty too..

It no longer blows back.. so it no longer reloads the next BB, it has to be done manually by sliding the top slide.

It does not look like it would be much fun stripping down either to find the fault especially if I dont know what to look for, also the cost to send it to be repaired would probably not be worth it due to them not costing much in the first place.

Anyone had this happen before and fixed it, or should I just accept the fact its broken?

Thanks in advance

Denno

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    I might not be able to help much but, when it last functioned as a blowback; how well was it cycling? Was it slow? And when was it last cleaned? Daft question about how clean, but it's surprising how many people say something has stopped working and then say it's never/rarely been cleaned.

And yes, i wouldn't fancy stripping one either.

I've sold a few of these pistols but no one has reported any problems.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

I agree, but these can be field stripped as per the real one, the only difference is that a small pin is driven through the disassembly latch that holds the slide(its at 12oclock on the tigger gaurd) this has to be pushed out with a thin nail or punch before it can be pulled down, then field strip as the per video you may then find an obvious problem.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVrvPh8mBs4
    Last edited by vfrkid; 25-05-2008 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    I might not be able to help much but, when it last functioned as a blowback; how well was it cycling? Was it slow? And when was it last cleaned? Daft question about how clean, but it's surprising how many people say something has stopped working and then say it's never/rarely been cleaned.
    It was cycling really well, maybe too well to be honest, there seemed to be much more force in the blowback than there had previously, I have never had the thing open but any surface areas or reacheable moving parts where nice and clean.

vfrkid: I will try to get the pin out and strip it, suppose its not working at the mo so not to bothered if I make a hash of stripping it / putting back together.

One thing I had noticed with it was that it used to very regulary cycle to BB's in one blowback action or sometimes non. Since I noticed the blowback action being much stronger that seemed to of fixed itself.... untill it broke!

Thanks for the help.

Denno

Managed to strip it when I got back from work, was surprisingly easy! Although I could not see anything that looked wrong when I had it in bits, its clean and has plenty of oil... so I'm at a dead end again!

hmmm anyone want to buy a broken CP99 Compact? lol

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Hmm, it may be a valve problem. Too much force being put into cycling the action... could be a weak spring in the valve allowing too much gas to cycle the action. The valve might now be sticking and only allowing enough gas to fire a shot but not enough pressure to cycle the blowback. For example, if you fire too much CO2 before changing CO2 powerlet, the pressure drops enough to only allow the shot to be fired and not cycle the action.

Although the gun is out of warranty, Brocock (the official importer) should be able to repair it for a fee & postage.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    Managed to strip it when I got back from work, was surprisingly easy! Although I could not see anything that looked wrong when I had it in bits, its clean and has plenty of oil... so I'm at a dead end again!

hmmm anyone want to buy a broken CP99 Compact? lol
    If you want to sell it please give me first refusal.... it will be usfull as spares for my one,