Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW45 Pistol Questions.

HW45 Pistol Questions.

Hi guys, im interested in buying the Wierauch HW45 for some general target/tin shooting, and maybe hunting a few lions and zebras .

I was wondering is it hard to cock/load ? As the only air pistol ive shot before was a webley tempest and i recall that being quite hard, but that was when i was 15 or something.

Is it as easy as on this video or is he just loading it after cocking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z72yra6SBIc

I will probably go for the .22 caliber, as it makes more impact on the target, and is less similar to bbs. Also i heard someone saying that the .177 version would make it over the legal limit if you swapped the barrel to .22 .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated cheers.

I have a HW45 and it's not to bad to cock,once you get the technic rightas to changing to the .22 barrel and it going overI don't think so bud as the internals piston, spring,etc are both the same for both calibres,the only difference is the barrel

just watched the youtube video on your linkthink the fella needs a lesson in safe cocking and loading of a HW45

Ah right cheers for replying, i thought that the fps difference was only due to the diff barrels. Its not sounding too bad to load, as long as im not breaking my arm just to pop a few off.

Now all ive got to do is find one...

Is the 45 the same as the beenman p1 thanks....????

Quote Originally Posted by targetmark View Post
    just watched the youtube video on your linkthink the fella needs a lesson in safe cocking and loading of a HW45
    I thought that too, when it was loaded and he took both hands off the grip to squeeze it shut
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

Quote Originally Posted by hayesman View Post
    Is the 45 the same as the beenman p1 thanks....????
    Yes mate

thank you targetmark i was not sure thanks....

Ady is offline To thine own self be true

Loading Video

I'd say he cocked it against spring pressure and closed it before the video was shot then just re-opened the barrel on video to put pellet it. I mean its not an overly difficult gun to pull the barrel against the spring but its certanly not as easy as the video shows (using finger tips only)

Hope this helps

Ady

I find mine quite easy to cock its just technique. My .177 puts out @4fpe (from factory not tweaked) adding a .22 barrel I would be amazed if it exceeded 5fpe let alone 6.
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

I'd go for .177 every time. It will do just over 5 fpe "out of the box." Open the barrel, load the pellet, rest it on your thigh, and cock it. This way you keep a hand on the barrel at all times. (I know its got an ABT, but I don't trust ,em.)
    With a red dot sight, they are brilliant for pistol HFT, but you need wide, or split mounts. On a good day, with no wind, I scored 32 ex 50 on our old HFT course, and plated all the 45 yarders.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

The hw45 is a great pistol, you could only be pleased with it.
    As everyone has said is not hard once you get the knack but there is no way he was cocking it in the video. Also you will definitely need the .22 for lions and giraffes
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Hi , thanks for the informative replys, just waiting for 1 to pop up in the sales section. Just for the record, i dont really intend to shoot any endangered animals or even a rat.

best way to cock/load the 45 is to load it before cocking it by pulling the hammer to release the overlever,load the pellet ensuring the skirt is not protruding from the breach then pull the lever to desired power setting then close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady-uk View Post
    I'd say he cocked it against spring pressure and closed it before the video was shot then just re-opened the barrel on video to put pellet it. I mean its not an overly difficult gun to pull the barrel against the spring but its certanly not as easy as the video shows (using finger tips only)

Hope this helps

Ady

I agree with Ady,it looks like it had already been cocked..

Keith