Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steyr Co2 to air conversion ?

Steyr Co2 to air conversion ?

Been offered a Co2 Steyr LP5, i only ever had the wee co2 capsules and I'm not set up for charging co2 cylinders but I'm sorted for air so I'm wondering if it's an expensive job to convert an LP5 from co2 to air.
    Anybody done it and any idea of price.

The LP5 is £300 which seems a good price which is why I'm thinking of this rather than looking for an air version.

Not sure of the price, but the conversion kits can be seen on the Steyr website:

http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/site...891a886a6d78c2

Might be worth calling up Harry Preston for a quote ?

Steve.

Aye i was thinking it might be better to go for a service as well so i will give Harry a ring.

Anybody got one of these ?, i was looking for an LP1 when this came up , any disadvantages to having the 5 shot version ?

The main difference appears to be with the adjustability of the trigger, the LP1 / LP10 having a 'better' trigger for precision target.

I haven't personally shot an LP5 / LP50 so can't comment personally in the difference.

Steve.

Steyr CO2

Why bother?if it has the bulk fill adaptors you can bye Soda Stream 290 g cylinders in Sainsburys at £5 exchange.Try the pistol on CO2 and if you like it find a local Seller Gas and bye a bulk cylinder,my 14 lb one cost £8 80 and no hire charge will last me years.
    Do a Google for CO2 info there is a lot of info. out there about charging.The only other kit needed is a set of letter scales, CO2 is charged by weight, not pressure.
    Failing this,dont convert,sell it to me.
    Peter

Just never used co2 like this (only used the wee powerlett things)and thought air was the way to go.
    Last edited by rapidboy1; 28-05-2008 at 08:56 AM.

Steyr CO2

Give it a go,you might enjoy it.
    Peter

At £300, if you don't like it I think you may have a not so orderly queue waiting to take it off your hands

Likewise & ditto

It's absolute rubbish. I'll take it off your hands

, im away to have a wee look tomorrow to see if my mate has got hold of it yet, i will have a go at this co2 lark and see how i get on with it before doing anything.
    Im using a club FWB65, actually a good gun but every time i go to use it some twart has been at it before me and screwed the sights way out and alteredthe grip so it's time i had a decent gun of my own to get started at this air pistol lark properly.

Steyr CO2

Great,give it a go,for us club shooters CO2 in a good quality pistol is as good as air,I think the airgun makers decided a while ago that PCP was the way to go so they could sell us more guns.
    Enjoy your pistol, they dont get any better.
    Peter.

CO2 is júst as accurate mate! I wouldn't convert it, unless yr shooting top class..Schiesssport Stelljes germany always had conversionkits. Not too cheap though..
    ATB,
    yana

Harry Preston quoted me £180 for a conversion and a service, it would take £20 to post it to him so £200 all in.
    I don't think i'd bother to be honest.
    Still haven't managed to meet up with the seller of this one but my mate arrived at the club today with a CO2 LP1 (£150) and i was really impressed with it.
    My first five shots all grouped better than the FWB65 i have been shooting for months, i NEED a Steyr

steyr

cant beat a steyr.i have both lp5 and lp10. i owned a morini 162ea for a while but could not get on with it;grip was not adjustable.
    i find the lp5 as accurate as the lp10 ,and gives you the option of shooting the rapid fire diciplines. in fact my p.b. score was shot at bisley with the lp5.
    i know it sounds daft but the lp5 seems to be more forgiving than the lp10!
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

Im still chasing this LP5, been away with work but i rang the guy today and i hope to get a look at it next week.
    I was shooting the FWB last night and it's just horrible after trying the LP1.