Thread: Centre point scope

Centre point scope

I went in to my local gun shop in view of buying a a high quallity scope, buget around £300-00 The shop in question is in wragby lincolnshire. after what seems like forever!! looking at various products, leupold,bushnell and others. The owner said have a look at a new range that they had just recieved. Centre point, Their was a good feel to the (solid one piece construction) and the optic's even on the highest mag were vivid and crystal clear. The scope I ended up with, was the 4x16x56 for around £150-00 and the 30mm mounts £25-00 Iv'e had the scope now for three months and it's brill and even at low light I would get at least 30 mins more shooting than my other scopes. One thing I will say against it is, that on my mark 3 daystate it can be a bit heavy. But with a shoulder strap and a gun rest .....no probs. They have all different flavours to choose for, and various features. I have just bought a leica 800 range finder and with the ajustable scope turrets I can take long shoots with confidence. If you have time have a look @ this!!http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...84zPUa0F_St2kQ
    Ratty

centerpoint optics

do you have any contact details for the shop in question that stocks centerpoint?
    HFT Captain- Ham & Petersham rifle & pistol club www.hprpc.co.uk

Looks verry much like a leapers/ags.
    is yours a side focus?

I think that the body of the Leaper's and Centerpoint's is the same, but Centerpoint is using better lenses. They claiming 95% light transmission and that is what not deliver by Leapers/AGS even the fully-multi coated optics......

Anyone more experience?

Regards, Herman

sorry about the delay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1 View Post
    Looks verry much like a leapers/ags.
    is yours a side focus?
    Yes it is a side focus.......I find that at the moment it's a bit stiff ( if you pardon the pun) and it takes a bit to get used to! and as I said b4 a little on the heavy side. Since I purchased it, I'm out 3/4 times a week and the scope has been brill and allows me to take shots at greater distances. the only thing with hitting rabbits at 40 meters is that you have to head shot them, because the pellet has run at of steam. I have applied for my FAC and the scope will go on my rimfire/.17 HMR..I hope this has been useful to you? Tony cook
    Ratty

Quote Originally Posted by tonysolay View Post
    Yes it is a side focus.......I find that at the moment it's a bit stiff ( if you pardon the pun) and it takes a bit to get used to! and as I said b4 a little on the heavy side. Since I purchased it, I'm out 3/4 times a week and the scope has been brill and allows me to take shots at greater distances. the only thing with hitting rabbits at 40 meters is that you have to head shot them, because the pellet has run at of steam. I have applied for my FAC and the scope will go on my rimfire/.17 HMR..I hope this has been useful to you? Tony cook
    side focus turrets are normaly stiff,feel looser with bigger wheels.
    heard people complaining but i find it better that there stiff as you cant knock them off focus as easy.

do you have any scopes to compare against?
    thanks for info and review

Anyone interested in these, They are now stocked at Opticswarehouse. Link below. Atb. Brian.

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=418