Thread: Anyone have pictures of a BSA Scorpion Pistol with a Butt Stock?

Anyone have pictures of a BSA Scorpion Pistol with a Butt Stock?

I recently bought a BSA Scorpion pistol in 22 caliber. It is my new favorite pistol. I like it better than the HW45s and Webley Tempest that I have owned. I have found a lot of post about these neat pistols here.

I have read about two types of butt stocks that were available for the scorpion. One was a replacement stock which included a butt stock and the other was a wire or metal butt stock that attached to the existing plastic pistol stock.

I would really like to see pictures of these stocks. I would like to try to make a wire stock if I can see how it is made and attached to the pistol. So, If you have a picture of a Scorpion with the butt stock, please post the pictures.

Thanks,

David Enoch
    Dallas, Texas USA

Hi, I just found out that the bsa scorpion with butt stock was renamed the bsa Shadow!

The basic Scorpion pistol was also offered in kit form with an alternative Shadow type shoulder stock as well as the standard grip, but was still called a Scorpion.
    The Shadow was offered as a separate entity in either stocked pistol or rifle form.

scorpion stock

I've got one of the metal types but you have to either remove
    the plastic grip or make a large hole at the rear of the gun!
    The skeleton stock is 12"x5.5"
    atb Glyn

Does the boxed Scorpion/Shadow have the word 'Shadow' on the action ?

The scorpion with the metal stock looks like one that Mike Bridgewood sold some years ago. He had a pair of them.

Don't know anything about them, just Googled images and they came up.The JPEGS are named "Shadow" and "Scorpion" but not sure if the wire stock is home made.

Baz

The wire stock is not a BSA product, and is probably one of those previously mentioned, but I don't know who made it, and Mike didn't either.

Sportsmatch used to advertise an after market wire stock for the Scorpion, when the pistol was being manufactured. Pictures can be found in period airgun magazines from the late 80s. Not sure which issues from the top of my head though.

John