Thread: first time out with my BP revolver on sunday :)

first time out with my BP revolver on sunday :)

cant wait till sunday, bought a pietta 1858 NMA on wednesday, sunday will be my first time out with it at the range,

Im like a lil kid at xmas LOL

Im sure it will put a big smile on your face.

I shot my Pieta spiller and Burr, last night for the first time in months, I had almost forgotten how sweet it is to shoot.

Post some pics afterwards
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

fell in love with a ruger old army at bisley at the weekend, but was just a bit too much money for my pocket, was well cheap but I got the pietta almost new, but with all the gear to use and clean etc for very good price

Quote Originally Posted by tony1975 View Post
    Im like a lil kid at xmas LOL

That's how it starts, you fall in love with a pistol, after that you experience the reckless delights of muskets and BP rifles. Fairly soon you will find yourself driving to the range and you realise the gun is worth more than the car. From there on it's downhill all the way. You have been warned...

http://www.robinhewitt.net/consequences.jpg

Have fun

Robin

Well Tony its now Thursday, and we havnt heard how you did on Sunday, I hope it all went well.

You were like a kid at xmas.

LOL just finished cleaning it :P

nah not really

yeah really enjoyed it, Im totally crap with it to be honest but thats life, at 25yds 6 shots best was my 3rd lot, 3 in about a 3" circle and 3 further out, but all within a sheet of A4 paper

is incredibly hard, but I plan to practice and work on the load/powder and see what happens

was funny as I was at the right hand end of the benches and wind was right to left, all them down wind of me couldnt see the targets once I had fired LOL

using what was supplied with the gun, .454 balls and loading with 26 grains of pyrodex pistol?

Yeh, they take some cleaning.

Really pleased you enjoyed it, you will get better with practice, were you shooting single or double handed ?

Im just getting things ready for tonight, ROA, 457 Ball, 28grain triple seven.

Try triple seven, its easier to clean than Pyrodex.

And keep enjoying

single handed is how they shoot at the club comps

double handed I could get 6 shots in 4" group

single I was getting 2-3 good shots and the rest just wandering, but technique needs work