Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Millride this weekend

Millride this weekend

Another shoot nearly here and I’m now looking forward to it

You can book in from Saturday afternoon from about 4pm and from 7.30-8am on Sunday morning.

We will be kicking off around 9am on Sunday as soon as that’s finished, targets will be re-sprayed and the 2nd session will start roughly 20 mins after the 1st has finished.

When on the course please only approach the marshals with questions/queries (they are the ones in yellow jackets
    )not the people who are shooting.

Please abide by all HFT rules as there will be no exceptions, if you do try to bend the rules and caught you will be disqualified, a little reminder below on the main clampdowns.

Below will be “one strike and out” if caught your card will be marked by the marshal and if you are caught doing the same offence again you will be disqualified.

Bean bags for kneeling only not under the body for prone shots

Palm shelf guns must not at anytime touch the ground like a monopod or be rested “on” the knee/peg for support (you know what i mean

Remove magazines between lanes

No adjusting your scopes;

Basic

All scorecards must be filled in correctly with your Name, Gun, Mag, and Parrallax as this can be checked during the course.

Please remember if any mistakes are made on a card have a marshal sign them as if any cards are disfigured it could be binned.

Please remember we clamp down on things like this so everyone has a fare chance and the main reason for HFT is enjoyment but rules are rules as you would be surprised on what goes on.

We have quite a few good prizes from BSA for the raffle and i thinks it’s going to be a good turn out.

See you all there

Cheers
    Pete
    Last edited by sparky; 06-05-2004 at 08:12 AM.

looking forward to it just hope the weather hold off
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

If it's raining, and it now looks like it may well be, are we allowed to put something like a Karrimat or binbag or tarp down on the ground for prone shots?

Originally posted by marcusj
    If it's raining, and it now looks like it may well be, are we allowed to put something like a Karrimat or binbag or tarp down on the ground for prone shots?
    Yes flat mats are allowed for prone shots.

Pete

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Pete,

Register at 7.30am.. set my alarm for 4am then; Phewww!!

As you know, this will be my first try at HFT. Is there somewhere I can get a copy of the rules ?
    I will probably need to read them a thousand times by saturday night, otherwise I stand every chance of unwittingly trangressing the rules and end up booted-off for an early lunch !

Steven

Steven, rules are here on the ukahft site.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Thanks Dave.

Ill print them out, laminate them, and hang them around my neck on Sunday !

logunshooter Guest
    Again I can't make this round But good luck to those who do attend.
    Come on Sammie- it's time to win some proper silverware - you can do it girl! Good luck.

Originally posted by sparky
    Yes flat mats are allowed for prone shots.

Pete
    Good, since, as my ol' dad (ex-Army!) used to say 'Any fool can be uncomfortable' .

Should be coming up with a couple of the basingstoke lot. Only my 2nd hunter shoot (last was bunny bash) so be gentle

Ive had the mounts of my harrier and got a totally new scope on so will need to zero it on sun morning. Im guessing there will be a zeroing range available?

Thanks,
    Simon.
    Beretta 692 30" Sporter L/H Adjustable Stock
    Crooked Barn 2240 .22

Paul Hudson Guest
    Originally posted by P1Fanatic
    Should be coming up with a couple of the basingstoke lot.
    Damn! I could have saved myself 28p and given you that Allen key in person .

Look forward to seeing you there Simon .

Paul.

Is anyone arriving Friday night ?? Or is this a no-no ?

Mick
    Another Old Git.

Shaggy Guest
    I am looking forward to the weekend, going up with Dribble & Mark again sorry guy's I'll try be quite
    would have had Daystatesman (Phill) following us up,.
    But Guess what!
    he's gone missing again & will probably Cry off over the fact the weather's hung! shame he isn't but then he will probably say I can't take the kids if it's raining!

I say to ya yeh you can put em in the car that way they'll keep dry won't they

Anyway off the subject for a sec! Paul the screw's you gave me with the spacers do you have any longer versions? come & find me when you get there & I'll either buy you that coffee or make you some

Oh yeh! before I forget SPARKY I am Watching you with my Scopes

ATB

Darren

Paul Hudson Guest
    Originally posted by Shaggy_Pack
    Anyway off the subject for a sec! Paul the screw's you gave me with the spacers do you have any longer versions? come & find me when you get there & I'll either buy you that coffee or make you some
    Darren
    LONGER?!? Any longer and they'd be poking out of the fore-end .

I'll have a look in my "bitsandbobs" drawers and chuck some bits in my toolbox to bring down on Sunday.

You do realise that if I bring you some screws I'm going to want sugar AND milk in that coffee .

Paul.

Shaggy Guest
    er that's fine m8, I'll even throw in a Biscut, but I have my tool box, just an idea I an thinking of adding something to the blocks I'll run it past you on Sunday.

I was hoping to have my new gadget with me for Sunday!
    I have been having loads of problems with the Multishot conversion block for my S200. I am gonna bin it just as soon as the Hornet gets the bull barrel & then I'll get that to replace it

Anyway Whilst talking to someone about an amazing Stock design it was mentioned & I will have it soon, but it'll be next week, an auto loading 10 shot mag system which could be fittied to a varity of rifles with minor ajustment., not just the S200.

a system you could I guess put it on a lot of single shot rifles for a hunting session & then take it off for HFT another thing in it's favour & will I am sure be a major sellin idea, because you don't need high scope mounts, raining blocks or in the block variety a set of Weaver mounts to put the scope on. It's realy simple to use & althou it was devised for a S200 I am told there's no reason why it won't fit any over Singleshot rifle with a beach tray it's going to be cheaper then most single-multishot conversions on the market & all being well used on 1 rifle or a collection. can't wait

Darren