Thread: Police Psitol - Any Club Interested?

BigEars Guest

Police Psitol - Any Club Interested?

The pistol section of Tayside Airgun Club would like to know if anyone is interested in entering into a postal Police Pistol competition or league. We can field a 5 man team.

Thanks

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    let me have more details please BE

I know/ shoot with many ex PP shooters who may be interested (including myself)

rgds

Tony
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

BigEars Guest
    WE had a PP comp going by post with another club in Scotland but they've not sumbitted any results to us.

I'm not sure if there are variants on PP but we shoot 12 shot in 2 mins at 20m, 12 shots at 15m where the target is exposed for 3 secs then 6 shots in groups of 2 at 7m on a 3 second exposure giving a max score of 300 per round. At present we check and countersign each other's targets within the club and retain them for possible scrutiny. With email addresses of participants I'm sure that our accountant member, who likes nothing better than a good spreadsheet, could distribute scores to all participants.

If that's OK maybe we can go to email and sort something out to start after the summer hols are out of the way. It certainly make us try harder and concentrate more on your shooting when there's a bit of competition.

You can email me via the Tayside Airgun Club website.

That sounds interesting Alan.

Our club does not have any turning targets, but I'm sure we could improvise.

For this sort of thing we all shoot Airsoft blowback pistols, some highly modified. Would there be any objection to them ?

I'll e-mail a couple of club members to see what they think....

rgds

Tony

BigEars Guest
    You might find it difficult without turning targets as the guns are held at 45deg until the targets are exposed. As far as pistols are concerned I think any pistol with open sights would be OK.

So far 4 of us are up for it, so we've got a makings of a team

Can you please e-mail me your details of the course of fire. We'll get our heads together ref turning targets and see if we can come up with an acceptable alternative. Perhaps an 'el presidente' start (i.e. facing away from the fixed target and turning to engage the target when a whistle is blown, pistols being holstered for safety)

What do you think?

Tony

BigEars Guest
    Course of fire details emailed.

This sounds like fun, having never done anything like it, I'm up for the challenge, shift working being my main limitation though. I'd love to learn more if you have any gen.

BigEars Guest
    beump!