Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered an Umarex Smith!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Just ordered an Umarex Smith!

The 6 inch nickelled model. Can't wait till it arrives!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Ah good choice, Jim. Just make sure you're well stocked up on CO2 and pellets. I know you will pass many any enjoyable hour with one of these. Very user friendly. Here's mine
    I waste too much time playing

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/IMG_0937.jpg

=

Thank you, Phil. You appear to be well-stocked with pistols, as well!

Cheers,

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

You'll have lots of fun with that, until you run out of C02, which you will do very quickly for the first tin of pellets.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Excellent choice Jim.

Popular choice for practical pistol and similar disciplines here. It's one of the few that can be modified too, power increases and calibre conversions are possible.

I seem to recall .22 conversions running around 4ft/lbs, although this might have been with the 8" inch barrel I think it is a possibility on the 6" inch.
    Never looked into it much, but they do have good scope for tuning apparently.

Good choice Jim....
    Enjoy!!!!
    Eric.

Interchangeable barrels?

I notice they sell this model in 4, 6, and 8 inch barrel versions, but I've also heard some members say they have one "with" additional barrels.

ARE the barrels interchangeable?

Jim

Smith

Hi ,
    and yes they are interchangeable - you used to be able to buy a complete set boxed , but the barrels should still be available as spares ...and the longer ones will give /should give a slight increase in performance due to how co2 works .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Jim....apparently it's the work of but a minute to change barrels with the key provided but you should be ok with the 6" as it's supposed to be the best all-round barrel.
    I'm hoping to order a 6" shortly as my wanted ad for one seems to be falling on deaf ears....
    Eric.

S&W Umarex

An excellent choice. The 8" barrel certainly has the edge velocity-wise but, with Tasco ProPoint on top, the combo was a tad heavy. For me, the advantage with this revolver, regardless of barrel length, was the superb trigger and freedom from the jamming inherent in the semi-auto 8-shot clones. Early versions, however, had a problem with the CO2 bulb fouling the frame and pushing the two halves apart. Later models had this area relieved into a cone shape. I never had one in a senior calibre but can confirm that .25 is a great performer in single-stroke pneumatics, such as the Nemesis. I should think .20 would be very efficient in the Smith.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Reading this made me realise i hadn't used mine much recently so following yesterday evening i am now 3 co2 capsules and 150 pellets worse off... i had forgotten just how much fun it is

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    Reading this made me realise i hadn't used mine much recently so following yesterday evening i am now 3 co2 capsules and 150 pellets worse off... i had forgotten just how much fun it is
    Nah, you're 3 CO2 capsules and 150 pellets BETTER off!

Jim

P.S. I take it that about 50 pellets per CO2 capsule is about average?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    P.S. I take it that about 50 pellets per CO2 capsule is about average?
    I've found for indoor use its usually around that, so i tend to stick to 5 clips worth.

Have fun mate

Thumbs up Ratgunner

You will Love the Smith and Wesson Jim, I have the 4in model and it shoots great with Webley Venom Lazadomes .177in, I must be a pistol person??
    I also have a Webley junior, HW 45, 2x Walthers, Daisy Rodgers Powerline, Benjamin EB, your new toy should come in a case designed to hold all the barrels, mags pellets and 2x gas, you can also get a silencer for them, have a great time.