Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caesar Guerini Essex Ltd

Caesar Guerini Essex Ltd

A couple of months ago my grandad and I were looking for a new gun, specifically a nice game gun, something nice for him to spend his pension on and light enough to carry all day. Originally we had something like a Silver Pigeon IV or V in mind but after handling them we weren't to impressed, they certainly don't feel special enough to justify their pricetag. Anyway, we went to Game & Country in Leominster after hearing good things about them and the first thing we were shown was a Casear Guerini, they have quite a selection there with a good few in the smaller bore sizes too.

Anyway, to cut a long story short we went for the Essex Limited in 12 bore, 28" barrel flavour. It just felt great and the fit and finish, especially the wood to metal fit was brilliant. The sideplates look great too, we had the Limited version which apparently means better wood and case hardening. The rose and scroll engraving looks good, I certainly prefer it to the ostentatious little gold birdies on the side of an SP V The forearm pops off with the push of a button and its adjustable for tightness too. The whole thing feels 'tight' actually, its obviously made to some very tight tolerances. The stock is oil finished, no 'orrible laquer. The checkering is very deep and grippy. Even the chokes look pretty

In the end we got it at 'last year's price' with a bit of a discount on top of that - after looking at prices elsewhere it seems like we got an absolute bargain at £1950

I've been shooting it at every possible opportunity, I love it to bits. It weighs 6lb 11oz yet its not uncomfortable to shoot at all, its certainly a bit more than my sporter but my grandad shot a round of 75 clays with it and barely noticed. The balance is somewhere between a Beretta and a Browning, at least thats how it feels to me. The trigger pull is fairly light too. Obviously durability in the long run is unproven with a very new company but posts on shotgunworld look good - they are apparently very popular in the US and standing up to heavy use very well. If more people new about them here then I think Browning and Beretta would lose a lot of business

Here's some crappy camera phone pics -

Side view
    Ooooh look at my wood

And heres a link to the CG USA site which is far better than the international one.

They certainly seem like great guns. I've been looking at one in 28b for my girlfriend. I was really impressed by the quality of the wood and the way it was put together. Everything just felt right.

After a few minutes waving it round the shop I was also advised that they could easily extend the stock to make it fit me... hmm

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    They certainly seem like great guns. I've been looking at one in 28b for my girlfriend. I was really impressed by the quality of the wood and the way it was put together. Everything just felt right.

After a few minutes waving it round the shop I was also advised that they could easily extend the stock to make it fit me... hmm
    Yep that was a kiss of death really, it was the first thing the bloke in the shop handed to us and it really was love at first sight. I waved about one of the smaller ones too, I think it was a Maxum 28 bore with 30" barrels... mmmmm. I've probably been spoiled now, if I'm ever in a position to buy an OU it'll have to be one of these

One of the coaches at SWSG moonlights as a loader at one of the big commercial shoots around here, one of the blokes he loads for has a pair of CG 28 bores with 34" barrels!!! He doesn't miss much either apparently

Smile

I bought the essex earlier this year,you sure get value for money and they shoot as well as they look.

Ceaser

I brought a summit last year Fabulous Gun So good the wife wanted one aswell

I used to have a Highlander and it looked very similar to these, where are they made?

Quote Originally Posted by JRDS View Post
    I used to have a Highlander and it looked very similar to these, where are they made?
    Have a gander at this

They may be made alongside Fabarms et al but the engineering is all the Guerini's own

The Highlander was made by one of the Rizzini families so these maybe made in the same factory. Not knocking them the Highlander was very nicely made and finished but didn't get the market share it deserved or have good residuals for some reason. Loved the POW grip, well fitted wood butt plate, CH action and pushrod forend.

Quote Originally Posted by JRDS View Post
    The Highlander was made by one of the Rizzini families so these maybe made in the same factory. Not knocking them the Highlander was very nicely made and finished but didn't get the market share it deserved or have good residuals for some reason. Loved the POW grip, well fitted wood butt plate, CH action and pushrod forend.
    I hear you and I hope the Guerinis get the sales they deserve. In the US things seem to be taking off, here we seem to be a couple of years behind. The Guerini brothers are apparently nephews of the Rizzinis which cant be a bad thing

Nice guns and they do shoot well

Matt.

I picked up an Essex Limited on Friday. 30", Multichoke, 12b.

It has replaced my Beretta 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon game gun.

I am very pleased with it, it fits me like a glove and handles superbly.

First time out yesterday and I shot better than ever.

It is better than the Beretta in every department IMO and for significantly

less dosh !

Hail Caesar !

i cannot think of a gun that comes anywhere near the quality of these guns for the money i have recently sold my beretta and thinking of selling my beloved browning to fund a 30 inch maxum that i picked up today. Its as if the gun was fitted for me it felt like the best 30inch over and under i had held and i just know how i will shoot with the gun absolute amazing looking gun reminds me of an ou royal with the bold style engraving minus 117grand extra cost.

I have a Browning XT and Miroku MK38 - both 32" Trap. Bought a Caesar Guerini 32" Summit Trap a few months ago. Lot of gun for the money. Handles superb. Heavier than my other two, but feels a lot lighter. Better balanced gun.

bought one the other day a maxum absolutely love it top notch looks amazing shoots as good as it looks, they have set a standard for others to match in this price range a believe they could have asked double a still sold them!!!!

Maxum

I have been looking at getting a Maxum Sporter but there are not many about and my dealer said they have just gone up 13%, balls!!

Where did you get yours from guys?