Thread: cowboy action shooting in the US

Talking cowboy action shooting in the US

get aload of this for smoking, www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq42cc6ZYKg cheers Tezz

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    How can they see what they're shooting at?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    How can they see what they're shooting at?

Jim
    What does it matter? The grin factor is off the scale.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

That's just mad! I thought using D&J carts through the shotgun were bad!

Quote Originally Posted by lilguy43uk View Post
    What does it matter? The grin factor is off the scale.
    Not for me. I shoot a cannon with NO projectile, just to make smoke and noise for a demo: but to fire live bullets blindly... wouldn't do it. It just goes against my safety instincts.

By the way, I HAVE shot Cowboy action, and it IS a lot of fun.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Something I fancy a go at is quick draw and balloon popping, but illegal over here with cartridge firing pistols.
    Forward firing blank firers might be a possibility but we have to be a member of a reenactment society and the they cost more than the real thing.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Lots of fun!

Jan and I have done that at a Cowboy fun shoot: .45 Colt Single Action revolvers, blank cartridges: ride in a buckboard, and shoot out balloons as you pass them by.

Having met Jan: do you think she acted excited when she shot a balloon? Hell, doing it even got me excited!

Jim

Question blanks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Jan and I have done that at a Cowboy fun shoot: .45 Colt Single Action revolvers, blank cartridges: ride in a buckboard, and shoot out balloons as you pass them by.

Having met Jan: do you think she acted excited when she shot a balloon? Hell, doing it even got me excited!

Jim
    Hi Jim, do you mean you have nearly touch the balloon to burst it ? as theres no lead coming out the barrel, cheers Tezz

We passed by within 10 feet or so, if I recall correctly. Blanks do shoot a wadding: not enough force to do more than sting, I wouldn't think (though I would be fearful of getting hit in hte eye with it ), but enough to break the balloon.

Jim

The thought of Jan bouncing around in a buckboard is fearsome enough Jim

I was thinking more in the way of wax loads with a sniff of powder, and yes forward venting blank firers do spray some vicious stuff out the barrel.

My club wont allow the m/l revolvers with a wax load outside because it does not comply with range restrictions.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane