Thread: Beretta 92FS

Question Beretta 92FS

I fancy pimping my 92 with a pair of Hogue or genuine Beretta Rosewood grips manufactured for the real thing off the 'Bay.

Now, I know that the right-hand grip top screw hole is maybe three quarters of an inch further north on the real grips than on the Umarex ones, but I think I may have a workaround for that.

It's all dependent on the design of the inside of the grips as to whether or not this project will work, and so I suppose I'll just have to buy a pair to find out whether it's do-able.

Just wondered if anyone else had tried and if so, what problems did you encounter?

Are the real grips different on the inside, because if so, that would pose problems mounting the spring release assembly and therefore hamper changing CO2 powerlets?

hi there just bought my 3rd 92 lol, this ones a keeper though, nickel , trigger has been smoothed out, and fitted with a crossman barrel and red dot.

i'm just gonna get a sset of walnut grips to finish it off. as to your ? , the best to ask is cookie on here he's the beretta man , but i'm sure i asked him the same ? and its to much work i think .

hope that helps lol

atb jamie

Thanks Jamie.

Out of interest, what difference has the Crosman barrel made to yours, and how difficult was it to do?

Also, have you noticed much differnce with the smoothed-out trigger? I only ask because I find the 92 trigger superb compared to the ghastly, creepy affair on my Nighthawk.

hi mike , to be honest its in the post as we speak , so i'll give you a better idea next week , once i get to play with it. The guy that i got it from says he used iit in pp to some success. . he does the work on the triggers ,not sure if he did the barrel or had it done , but says it s more accurate.

hee's alink to him hope its ok to post this http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index...howtopic=39442

atb jamie

Cheers Jamie - the UBC will of course be expecting a full review once you've had the chance to evaluate it.