Thread: Hatsan Torpedo 150

Hatsan Torpedo 150

I went out yesterday to buy the hatsan 125 but saw the torpedo 150 and thought why not.
    300 leva (i Now live ion Bulgaria) which is about 110 pounds sterling.
    The price was total 360 with case and pellets but he said 300 so that was good.
    Avery heavy gun and although fro me it was not hard to use the underlever it is not a kids gun.
    The power of the 22 is rated at 305m/s and this is no understatement.
    i tried it today in a field so no targets to judge how far the sights
    were out but finaly got there or near enough for the first day.

It is a bit fidly at first to use,as you push a bolt foreward to drop the under lever then after its cocked press a button near the trigger to release the lever and close it up, A good safety system.
    To open the bolt for the pellet no problem all smooth operation.
    Then there is the safety on the back or the gun which you have to release before you can fire the gun, But once all these little bits are mastered it seems a good system.

It comes inthe box with a tripod rest for laying down and shooting and some extra but recoil sections(3) but i havent put them on yet.
    any way down to testing.
    I set up some can at 20mtr ,30mtrs,and 40mtrs.
    I got the sight set ta 20 mtr and it was fine buy as i am a bit rusty most of the misses were down to me, Behing the 20mtr cans i put a 25mm piece of wood at first i kept moving the sight up an down and left an right because it wasnt marking the wood ,I thought what a $h1t gun,no power.

then i saw dirt fly up from behing the wood so i went and had a look and the pellets are going straight through the wood !!!!!!!!!!!!!so i thought thats some powerful weapon ...
    As i was standing for most shotsand not leaning it was in general a very accurate gun and with some work on my part a good piece of kit.
    Its a heavy gun and i looked at the Gamo cFX in the shop which was a lot lighter but as i am not small its not a problem.

I was using Gamo TS22 long distance pellets.
    Gamo is the only pellets i have found in the town so i will try some diffent models in that range but a heavy pellets is needed i would think.
    I finished off but hitting the other distances and when it hits these cans full of gravel it knocks them over!! so its got some power.
    The guy in the shop did say a cheap scope would fall apart so i will have to save up for a scope.

I am just getting back into the airguns after many years away
    I have just put a boxer spring and piston washer and clean up in my BSA
    Mercury mk 2 which is quite powerfull but not in the 150 league but it 20 years old so mustnt complain.
    I thought the recoil wasnt a major problem as some people say about these guns,
    Any comments

bigglesworth Guest
    Nice review chrisarvor, I think these Hatsans are pretty o.k. for the money, I have the very basic Mod.60S.In the U.S.A. they are sold as Walthers as well as Hatsans and have a good reputation.Also Hatsan try to improve their range with better triggers ,thumb-hole stocks,etc so here`s a link so other forum users can get an idea of what your rifle looks like;

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/new_airguns_torpedo_150.asp
    HATSAN ARMS COMPANY - AIRGUNS TORPEDO 150 (NEW)

Take care
    Kenny