Thread: Brococks

Brococks

Is there any way that air cartridge pistols or rifles can be sold or passed on in this country. As far as I can make out thay can be sold abroad, but what if they are inherited or passed on through a will? Is is against the European Human Rights Act that owners are disadvantaged in this respect - and can a case be brought?
    Any advice would be warmly welcomed.

Saddle Tramp Guest

Brocock's

Try :- (a) Writing and asking your local MP. IF possible buy the latest Gun Mart mag (May issue) and copy the letter on brococks from it and send that as well.
    (b) Write to the Home Secretary, c/o House of Commons and ask IT if IT knows? Probaly won't so your letter will end up on the desk of the IDIOT who changed the name.

Saddle Tramp.

Tried writing to M.P.s but they are no help. Perhaps the only ones who could assist would be European Legal Services but they cost an arm and a leg and other bits as well.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Originally posted by Lordgower
    Tried writing to M.P.s but they are no help. Perhaps the only ones who could assist would be European Legal Services but they cost an arm and a leg and other bits as well.
    and I don't think our local (Storming Norman) is a member of the pro-gun lobby

maybe we should invite him along to a local club - test the water, so to speak

Sound idea mate, go for it.

draftsmann Guest
    The question is of interest to me as this is my line of business, and to be honest I don't know the answer.

On referring to my Probate Practice Manual, which is quite the fattest tome in my library of Very Dull Textbooks, it merely says that the practitioner should keep the telephone number of a local RFD to hand in case of such eventualities. Well, that's as much use as a chocolate teapot, isn't it?

Adrian

clubshot Guest

Arrow

As far as the Home Office and UK Courts are concerned owners
    can not buy, sell or transfer Tac gun/s after the 20th January 04
    Within the UK.

Some Police Areas, was allowing a extra week to apply but the general rule is your only choice, is to hand it in for destruction.

Individuals can not Export them after the 20th January 04.

Only Section 5 Dealers Can.
    Brococks is a Section 5 Dealer.

They have set up a Section 5 Workshop to carry out repairs and servicing of them

There is nothing stopping you chopping it up.
    But as long as you do not have a working Gun after the 1st May 04.

As they are Now Section 5 , I believe that it would be a offence to just Dump them.

As the the Law states you are committing a Offense.
    Which could result in prosecution and Jail Time and a Ban of ever touching another Gun.

A Legal case against the Bill would cost a untold fortune.

Brococks & the Gun Trade spend a small fortune trying to stop the Bill becoming Law.

But when you Have a PC Correct Prime Minister with such a majority , I doubt if the Bill would be changed.

I full expect that , that following there success in removing TAC guns off the Market place and restricting them to so few owners
    That it will only be a matter of time before they
    Your Elected Goverment turn there attention to other Air Guns

BOB/R

Quote: "I fully expect that , that following their success in removing TAC guns off the Market place and restricting them to so few owners, that it will only be a matter of time before they
    Your Elected Goverment turn there attention to other Air Guns ."

I agree with Bob completely there...

Rob M

draftsmann Guest
    Originally posted by clubshot
    As far as the Home Office and UK Courts are concerned owners
    can not buy, sell or transfer Tac gun/s after the 20th January 04
    Within the UK.
    The question relates to Brococks passing on the owner's death Bob. I'll guess that whoever drafted the new legislation didn't think of that one.

Assessing "market value" of a Brocock collection for inheritance tax purposes......hmmmmmm, that sounds like a suitably challenging question next time I fancy a busman's holiday

Adrian

SWAT Strachan is offline I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    Assessing "market value" of a Brocock collection for inheritance tax purposes
    Easy. £0. You can't buy, sell or transfer them, so as far as inheritance tax should be concerned, they should be worthless.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

RepkaX Guest
    you lot deserve EVERYTHING you get for voting labour... lefties LOVE banning things!!

draftsmann Guest
    Originally posted by SWAT Strachan
    Easy. £0. You can't buy, sell or transfer them, so as far as inheritance tax should be concerned, they should be worthless.
    That depends on whether they can pass on death, for example by being exported for sale overseas by a section 5 dealer.

Inheritance tax planning is full of easy questions. It's the answers that are tricky! The real trick of my trade is performing a David Blaine-esque vanishing trick on the value of serious wealth

Adrian

clubshot Guest

Arrow

Originally posted by draftsmann
    The question relates to Brococks passing on the owner's death Bob. I'll guess that whoever drafted the new legislation didn't think of that one.

Assessing "market value" of a Brocock collection for inheritance tax purposes......hmmmmmm, that sounds like a suitably challenging question next time I fancy a busman's holiday

Adrian

Adrian,
    I have herd they have to be surrendered on Death
    of Registered Owner.

The original Bill was to totally remove them.

Then following Brococks and owners have a imput,
    they allowed the current one owner registeration/ Licensing.

BOB/R

draftsmann Guest
    Thanks for that Bob.

Adrian

When I pop off, wifelet will get the form from the plod allowing her to own my guns while she flogs them off, hopefully at vast profit.

I don't have a Brocock any more so no probs.

OTOH it is amazing what does show up when some of these old boys die unexpectedly. It seems you don't become a child killing psycho just because you have the odd Weberley fordy five or cowboy gun lying around