Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol HFT

Pistol HFT

Don't know if this has been asked before!Pistol HFT who has tried this?do you shot pistol HFT often or only at comps as a side shoot?or like me never quite fancy giving it a go at some point,I know different clubs have slightly different rules.What sort of maximum range do the targets go out to?
    Cheers
    MARK..

It's a seperate discipline we shoot down at Ford Ranges, and I know that Lea Valley have been doing dedicated pistol HFT competitions each month for longer than Ford, so there are clubs out there which cater specifically for this. Targets are generally not more than 35 yards and are specifically lightened in sensitivity so they'll drop with less power required. It does mean that you need a seperate set of targets for pistol comps though.

David

I would really like to try pistol HFT but don't think there's any nearby...
    Just become the proud owner of a nice Falcon FN6 which is ideal for this discipline.....earlier in practice was putting pellet on pellet at 15 yards rested.....
    Eric.

Apart from LV & Ford, the only other clubs I know of in the general area that run pistol HFT are Basingstoke and Meon Valley. They both run them as side-shoots at open comps.

Jonathan

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    I would really like to try pistol HFT but don't think there's any nearby...
    Just become the proud owner of a nice Falcon FN6 which is ideal for this discipline.....earlier in practice was putting pellet on pellet at 15 yards rested.....
    Eric.
    Come and visit us at Shepreth, Eric, a bit of a trek for you i know but well worth it. We held our 1st pistol HFT comp at the club today, only 11 shooters but i'm sure it will grow in popularity quite quickly.
    Last edited by jinx; 09-06-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    Come and visit us at Shepreth, Eric, a bit of a trek for you i know but well worth it. We held our 1st pistol HFT comp at the club today, only 11 shooters but i'm sue it will grow in popularity quite quickly.
    Might take you up on that invite when work permits...
    Regards...Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
    It's a seperate discipline we shoot down at Ford Ranges, and I know that Lea Valley have been doing dedicated pistol HFT competitions each month for longer than Ford, so there are clubs out there which cater specifically for this. Targets are generally not more than 35 yards and are specifically lightened in sensitivity so they'll drop with less power required. It does mean that you need a seperate set of targets for pistol comps though.

David
    35 yds Thats me out of it then
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

We normally max out to 25yds at Ford, perhaps to make a change 30yds but no more. Any target over 20 yds is a plate only for 2 points.
    Daystate Mk4 Sport Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP, Twinmaster Sport Simmons 1.5-5x20, HW40 Bushnell Trophy Red Dot.

Pistol HFT at Ford is on the third Sunday every month. Next one this weekend. Visitors and newcomers welcome. We shoot pistol HFT to the same format as rifle.
    Last edited by BarryB; 09-06-2008 at 08:08 PM.
    Daystate Mk4 Sport Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP, Twinmaster Sport Simmons 1.5-5x20, HW40 Bushnell Trophy Red Dot.

Woulld that be with open sights or scopes? I wonder what pistols are mainly used for this sport.
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

With or without. We have different categories to shoot in. Link to our HFT site http://www.ford-hft.org.uk/
    Last edited by BarryB; 09-06-2008 at 08:11 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'd like to try this too - tried emailing Norwich AR&FT club - but they did'nt even bother replying, so I guess they're a no as well.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I'd like to try this too - tried emailing Norwich AR&FT club - but they did'nt even bother replying, so I guess they're a no as well.
    Harv...I think the closest pistol club to us would be Shepreth....
    Eric.

So what sort of target size are the pistol targets that people use?are they the same as the standard knockover but with more sensitive mechanisms.How do you make them more sensitive

We use standard Knockdown targets and place suitable sticky pads under base of paddle. Just test so a standard CO2 is able to knock them down. I find the sticky felt pads from B&Q are OK.