Thread: EB22 tuning.

EB22 tuning.

I know the EB22 is pretty close to the legal limit as it is but what potential does it have? It seems to have a pretty good trigger as it is but the mechanism is crude and begs for a bit of attention with the springs and a bit of a polish. Are there any upgrades available? Caliber conversions, valves, bolts, hammers and actions? All I can find is an adapter for a silencer which looks terrible (personal taste). I would like to smooth it out and fit a decent set of sights. Anyone got any advice?

hi,

link here for Benjamin bits, agree with you on the silencer adaptor, bloody ugly Going to knock up my own.

on tuning, I.ve yet to get mine fully sorted, but polishing the sears etc. seem to be recommended everywhere.

I have ground down the end of the bolt in front of the barrel seal to a taper, down to approx. 1.5mm at the point. This lets the co2 flow better, and definitely gives me more consistent grouping.

http://www.sdcustomdesign.com/parts.htm#benjamin

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

I just got mine and it arrived gassed which is awkward as i actually have nowhere to shoot it at the moment. I'm going to have a look inside and start polishing asap. I'm planning a few mods and hopefully to shorten it up a bit. I reckon I could save an inch to an inch and a half on the length. I have that link and i really, really like that rear sight arrangement for the crosman. I'm wondering how i'm going to get that fitted. the sights are adequate at best but leave a huge amount of room for improvement. I bought it as a project so I'm looking forward to having a play. Going to mod it for a silencer too but something a little neater.

We'll have to keep each other posted....

atb
    Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

I'm actually hoping to shorten it by about an inch and fit a new and better bolt. There is a lot I don't like about this pistol but it's still the best CO2 gun I've seen in a while.