Thread: crooked barn 2240 opinions/advice please

crooked barn 2240 opinions/advice please

thinking of buying a crooked barn 2240 with the breech/bolt conversion,trigger job,hammer spring and 7" barrel.

firstly, any opinions on these most welcome and comparisons to the standard item will be most greatfully received.

also, if possible in simple terms, could someone be kind enough to enlighten me as to the purpose of the "free floating" adjustment on the crooked barn ultimate breech .

i assume the hammer spring and 7" barrel are just to increase power and velocity/accuracy to some extent, if i'm way off here , which i expect i might be, please feel free to correct me.

sorry for such a long, probing first post, but i'm relatively inexperienced with air pistols but did have a Umarex CP88 for a while.

many thanks in anticipation, Neil.

I have a CB 2240...

Nice gun. Fun to shoot and very accurate. The floated barrel supposedly adds accuracy. I have several different air pistols and I find that I shoot my CB as much as any of the others. That is I shoot it quite often as I shoot pistols every day. I currently have it set up as 1740. I have done the transfer port/poly tube mod to it and I get around 600fps using 7gr RWS Diablo Basics.

Get one I think you will enjoy it!

Best regards,
    Glenn
    N. Central PA

Quote Originally Posted by workshyfop View Post
    thinking of buying a crooked barn 2240 with the breech/bolt conversion,trigger job,hammer spring and 7" barrel.

firstly, any opinions on these most welcome and comparisons to the standard item will be most greatfully received.

also, if possible in simple terms, could someone be kind enough to enlighten me as to the purpose of the "free floating" adjustment on the crooked barn ultimate breech .

i assume the hammer spring and 7" barrel are just to increase power and velocity/accuracy to some extent, if i'm way off here , which i expect i might be, please feel free to correct me.

sorry for such a long, probing first post, but i'm relatively inexperienced with air pistols but did have a Umarex CP88 for a while.

many thanks in anticipation, Neil.
    Hi Neil,
    Just about to put an ad up for my Crooked Barn 2240 when I read your post...never thought I'd sell it but my collection has increased expensively and I hardly use it now so it may as well go to a new home....
    Here's some pics...contact me if you're interested...
    Regards....Eric.
    Attached Images Attached Images

comparisons to the standard item will be most greatfully received
    You can't compare them. The CB job is the dogs. The standard pistol is a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    You can't compare them. The CB job is the dogs. The standard pistol is a dog.
    In a nutshell, as with all this generation of 13xx and 22xx crosmans, as standard are a cheap pile of pants, buying one unmodified is buying half a bin of trash. A great platform once modded, recommend getting one where someone else has gone to all the hassle of shipping stuff over. Infinite options available.

rj8854@btintern Guest

Nice gun

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Hi Neil,
    Just about to put an ad up for my Crooked Barn 2240 when I read your post...never thought I'd sell it but my collection has increased expensively and I hardly use it now so it may as well go to a new home....
    Here's some pics...contact me if you're interested...
    Regards....Eric.
    Thanks for getting the gun to me, very nice pistol. cheers rob

Tr Robb

I've had a Crooked barn pistol and it was the nuts mind you, I think that TRRobb make better quality breech blocks by far. I've seen them in the flesh and they are better than the breech block from crooked barn. Keen prices too, does alot of accessories for them

>>>Link<<<

Quote Originally Posted by rj8854@btintern View Post
    Thanks for getting the gun to me, very nice pistol. cheers rob
    You're welcome Rob... (just spotted this reply..)
    Eric.