Thread: baikal.

baikal.

am i the only one that likes the baikals.? dont see much meantion of them, but i love them.
    mate of mine (fac holder) borrowed mine and i havent seen it since.
    single shot springer target pistol, moulded grip that fits my fingers perfik.
    .177, 6" barrel and deadly accurate.
    or is it 4" difficult to tell when its on the other end of me arm. (when i gets it back)
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Not sure if I've seen one...got a pic?..
    Eric.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I think the Baikal springer pistols are fine. Grip a bit small for my mitts, but shoot very cleanly and accurately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steff Guest
    I have one and love it. I've even hunted with it - makes a good gun for wasps.

Thats the IZH 53M isn't it? Gets good reviews on here:

http://www.airgunsmith.com/cgi-bin/a...ew/reviews.pl?

Know where I could get one? I wouldn't mind getting one for the pistol comp spring section

atb

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Steff Guest
    Mine was from JS Ramsbottom some years ago. York Guns have them on their website if that's any good to you. I'm quite tempted by a 512 rifle, meself, depending on if it's full power or not. If the construction is similarly good to the '53 it's a bargain at £80.

The IZH-53 is very very good indeed for what it costs. The trigger is excellent and the barrel is very good, non-pellet-fussy and accurate.

They need a strip, clean and relube when you get them though as they're full of horrible thin brown preservative when new. Also, I made a spring guide for mine which improved it no end, much much less twang now, much more pleasant to shoot!

Izh 46m

I am looking to buy one of the above, single stroke jobbie. How good are they? York guns have them for £350 which seems a bit steep (only £175 in USA) Don't suppose anybody is looking to sell thiers. PM me if you are!
    The past lies somewhere in the future! Make the most of it!

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    York guns sells them

it's time consuming to bring them in from the US but the money saved makes it worthwhile.

Jim Giles at Crooked Barn in the US will gladly broker getting them sent over here for a very reasonable brokerage fee.
    Worst bit is UK customs who are dreadfully slow.

Try shooters@straightshooters.com for the izh 46m I am pretty sure they will send you one over cost about 180 pounds + postage, you will probably get charged some import duty as well.

They also sell the weaver mount base at a very good price if you should want to use an RD.

Ken.