Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasp shooting

Wasp shooting

Just been reading another thread and Steff mentioned that she has shot wasps

Reminded me of an incident I had the other week!
    I had returned home from the range and was preparing a nice Cajun meal for the wife & kids.

I heard my daughters boyfiend squeal and looked towards the door where he was stood outside.

A rather large wasp had buzzed his face and had come into the house and into the kitchen. The bloody thing was heading straight for me
    Both the kitchen windows were open and I moved to the far side of the kitchen hoping that this yellow peril would fly out one of the windows and I could get back to cooking.
    NO WAY the thing followed me!!!!! so I ducked and moved to the other side of the kitchen again.
    Now I have a habbit of getting stung on the back of the neck (4 times) by wasps and twice (in the belly button when I was a kid at Butlins Skeggy) by bee's.
    This ruddy wasp turned and came back at me again. For #### sake this thing is determined to do me harm
    On the table was my pistol case from my day at the range.
    I grabbed my CP99 slammed in the co2 clip (knowing there was still a mag the chamber)but no pellets. I pulled the slide back pointed it at the darn wasp and pulled the trigger hoping that the gas and pressure release would maybe deter the little beast from comming near me again
    WOW
    Good job no pellet in the mag.
    The wasp exploded bits and gunk went all over the window, the ceiling and the sink.
    It was "AWSOME" according to Scott who came in.
    My darling wife Lesley was not so impressed and made me wash the window, sink and clean the ceiling
    What a shot bet I couldn't do that again.
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Talking

I just bet you were swaggering around like John Wayne for a week, good shot Duke

=

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

A Louisiana wasp?

That wasp, he was no fool, cher: he come for that Cajun food, for true!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Way back in the 60s I was the only kid on the block with a BB gun (A Diana carbine look alike, a present from my aunt in Canada) and I used to shoot flies on the ceiling with it. This came to an abrupt halt when my Mum spotted all the little craters (well you could reuse steel BBs) where I had dug out the BBs from the plaster.
    My DIY career started shortly afterwards with hole filling and ceiling painting.
    Taqrget Bunny

Red face cool

i once cut a wasp in half with my hw 45.....more luck than skill.....ive not done since

Bit blunt... you'd have been better with a knife, mate.

I did read somewhere of a guy who loaded 4 or 5 grains of uncooked basmati rice into a break barrel rifle with, tissue paper wadding, thus creating an air scatter gun. He used this to shoot wasps in the conservatory.
    Not tried it yet myself, it sounds a trifle messy and would thus incur comment from she who must be etc etc.
    Can't remember where the story came from though.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Kingplinker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    I did read somewhere of a guy who loaded 4 or 5 grains of uncooked basmati rice into a break barrel rifle with, tissue paper wadding, thus creating an air scatter gun. He used this to shoot wasps in the conservatory.
    Not tried it yet myself, it sounds a trifle messy and would thus incur comment from she who must be etc etc.
    Can't remember where the story came from though.
    Uncle Ben ???

hi anthony sent you some pics via emil as i cant get them to load on here of me and my lad shooting flies in my garden at approx 20 metre once you have splatted a few the others land on the target to eat the guts of the dead ones

Fly Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by psb_74 View Post
    hi anthony sent you some pics via emil as i cant get them to load on here of me and my lad shooting flies in my garden at approx 20 metre once you have splatted a few the others land on the target to eat the guts of the dead ones
    Small world!!

I have just gotten a copy of "The Spring Air Rifle - Spring Tuning & Servicing Manual" by T.R. Robb.
    A very informative 40 page document with illustrations.

On page 18 there is a section titled "Fly shooting". and reads as similar to this:

"All you need is a low powered air rifle and a safe backstop.
    Place some cat food or similar and sit ack and wait for the fly's to come.
    Best done with open sights, shooting flies is good practice and although it sounds silly it is good safe fun when implemented with good safety procedures."

Having only a small garden, and whinging neighbours I am only able to shoot my pistolbow in the garden and I have to stop if the old biddy next door wants to hang out her washing because she is scared of a "Richochet"
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Uncle Ben ???
    LMAO ROTFL
    (Airgun Section)

Pauls Pix

Quote Originally Posted by psb_74 View Post
    I had to put these up for the giggle value

I know Paul & his lad shot em with a Rifle but Im thinking of doing similar with my pistols

Just have to wait for the whinging ol' biddy to tiddle off

Going to put a thread out on the comps board as well.
    Highest body count wins sort of thing
    Lets face it there shouldnt be much left of the heads ROTFL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (Airgun Section)

Hahaha cracking thread, this! After reading it yesterday, I was stalking a bluebottle round the house with the unloaded 92FS, double-handed like some cheesy cop in a bad crime drama.

Only thing was, I had competition - my JRT. Her reactions are much better than mine, and she got the bugger first.

Cheesy Cop ;-

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I was stalking a bluebottle round the house with the unloaded 92FS, double-handed like some cheesy cop in a bad crime drama.

Only thing was, I had competition - my JRT. Her reactions are much better than mine, and she got the bugger first.
    The dog got the kill
    Amateur

Welcome to the "Crackpot - Crack - Shot, Insect Extermination Society for Looney Toonie Nutters with Guns Club"

You do have to make the kill yourself for full membership

ATB
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

i had bee,s trying to make a home in my house , they were going in the cavity , where some cement was missing , i must have sat for hours , blasting them with my S&W at the time great fun , hehe