Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wasp shooting

Picture Rocks, Confederate Territory of Arizona

Talking Mega Wasp kill... this AM

'Waterin' the trees (early)... 'fast flyer comes into view... 'Tarantuala Hawk'

www.bugman123.com/Bugs/TarantulaHawk-large.jpg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk

I managed to wet it with the hose... 'n it lands on my fence rail. 'Run for the wasp spray... (where'd she put it... Agggh...!) Grab the Daisy RR.... adjusting the sights as I go. Wasp is still there... tryin' to dry it's wings. (Paf!) 6'... No more need for wings.

This critter has the most powerful sting of any insect in N. America.
    Last edited by Sonora Rebel; 24-06-2008 at 02:51 PM.
    A round downrange cannot be recalled

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual
    Well done rebel

wouldnt fancy that flying at me, its huge!
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40

neat! I will try that. Wasps are the only creature on God's earth I would like to see DIE!!

Got bitten when I was a wee nipper and have never forgotten...

I really want one of those 'pulse' guns on Minority Report - which shoots out an energy blast and knocks the victims of their feet and throws them back by about 10 feet or so. I wonder if Umarex will bring out a CO2 version of that? Can't imagine the size of the CO2 cannister!

Matt

What the f***k?!! I'm glad I live in the UK, no 'mad' insects and critters here!! I would have to stay in doors if I came across such creatures

Matt

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual
    I was cleaning the inside of the landrover the other day with an angry wasp driving me mad, buzzing round my face etc. I was just home from shooting and my Crosman 1740 was still in the landy, with a CO2 capsule still in it (gun unloaded of course) when I suddenly remembered this thread...

The wasp was crushed against the window by the escaping CO2... Had to do more cleaning of the inside after that
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40

Splat

Shot Sir!
    Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Just been reading another thread and Steff mentioned that she has shot wasps

Reminded me of an incident I had the other week!
    I had returned home from the range and was preparing a nice Cajun meal for the wife & kids.

I heard my daughters boyfiend squeal and looked towards the door where he was stood outside.

A rather large wasp had buzzed his face and had come into the house and into the kitchen. The bloody thing was heading straight for me
    Both the kitchen windows were open and I moved to the far side of the kitchen hoping that this yellow peril would fly out one of the windows and I could get back to cooking.
    NO WAY the thing followed me!!!!! so I ducked and moved to the other side of the kitchen again.
    Now I have a habbit of getting stung on the back of the neck (4 times) by wasps and twice (in the belly button when I was a kid at Butlins Skeggy) by bee's.
    This ruddy wasp turned and came back at me again. For #### sake this thing is determined to do me harm
    On the table was my pistol case from my day at the range.
    I grabbed my CP99 slammed in the co2 clip (knowing there was still a mag the chamber)but no pellets. I pulled the slide back pointed it at the darn wasp and pulled the trigger hoping that the gas and pressure release would maybe deter the little beast from comming near me again
    WOW
    Good job no pellet in the mag.
    The wasp exploded bits and gunk went all over the window, the ceiling and the sink.
    It was "AWSOME" according to Scott who came in.
    My darling wife Lesley was not so impressed and made me wash the window, sink and clean the ceiling
    What a shot bet I couldn't do that again.
    Tony
    Wow! What a funny story and what a great shot!! I do agree with your wife that the one who makes the mess must clean it up!
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

hehe lol i used to try and shoot them with my bb gun. no luck though.
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Years ago i had a very successful way of dealing with spiders (i've got no general problem with them, just a rule of- outside, they live; indoors, they die). A .177 Webley Junior and wadded tissue paper. Worked perfectly, well except for the stains left behind.

Now i've got a Umarex Colt Tactical (for IPAS). Nice to know co2 is useful for insect problem solving.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010