Thread: Original 35 s in .177

hello

i looked in my collectors guide to air rifles, it referred me to the november '78 issue of airgun world for a gun test of the original35s.
    after half an hour rummaging through the loft, i found a box of airgunner/airgun world, dipped in and found the issue.
    according to geoffrey boxall, they were produced in both calibres, the MV for the .177 was 709 fps but it doesn't say the weight/make of the pellet, it did say however that the price for a new one was £65.30 inc vat back in 1978

regards, john

btw, i have two large cardboard boxes of airgunner/ airgun world from issue one of both, luckily the one that i found was the right box- i'm not usually that lucky
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I used to have an original 35 in .177! great little gun very accurate and would love one now mine was sold to manchester airguns in about 1987 with a unique brass muzzle break! where is it now???? anyone buy it?)
    Air Arms Ev2 MKII, Big Nikko, lots of luck!
    Air Logic Genesis .177

Quote Originally Posted by LeeEv2 View Post
    I used to have an original 35 in .177! great little gun very accurate and would love one now mine was sold to manchester airguns in about 1987 with a unique brass muzzle break! where is it now???? anyone buy it?)
    Hi, I have 2, of these, The Original 35, & 35 S ( Both in .22)
    I have never seen a .177, At their time of manufacture, Every man & his dog wanted the Mans calibre !

They are a quality Item, Very well made and last forever, & I was suprised they only made 700 Fps in .177. They seem to shoot much harder.
    The difference between the 2, Is quite marked,
    I was going to put them up for sale yesterday, But decided on the Haenals,
    ( Another quality german Item )

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images