Thread: co2 cartridge problem

co2 cartridge problem

Hi,

I have a twinmaster trainer and walther ppk/s, both fairly new, that have started not taking co2 cartridges.
    What happens is, i put the cartridge into place, then for the twinmaster, close the compartment, or for the ppks, twist in the screw, and hear the cartridge peirced. However, it carries on hissing, no matter how hard i screw it in, to the point where there is gas flying all out of the pistol, until the cartridge empties itself.

I'd be surprised if this were something to do with the seals, though i'm not sure, could it be something to do with the cartridges? Has anyone experienced this before? First it happened to my twinmaster, and i intended to ask a gunsmith to have a look at it, then it suddenly happened to my ppks, and now both dont work :S

Matt

What Co2 bulbs are you using as they might have ripped your seals in both guns..?

BSA R10 .22..... Gunpower Stealth .22..... Crosman Nightstalker .177

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3161/dsc00250fq1.jpg

A while back I bought a bag of loose ones from Gerry's of Wimbledon, about 15 in total I think

Can they actually rip a seal?

Quote Originally Posted by MattR123 View Post
    A while back I bought a bag of loose ones from Gerry's of Wimbledon, about 15 in total I think

Can they actually rip a seal?
    Look at the lip of the bottleneck and feel for any sharp edges, they may be just a bad batch..

BSA R10 .22..... Gunpower Stealth .22..... Crosman Nightstalker .177

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3161/dsc00250fq1.jpg

Have you tried a drop of Pellgun oil on the seals or on a cartridge before insertion?
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Have you tried a drop of Pellgun oil on the seals or on a cartridge before insertion?
    Eric.
    Ill try that an report back, thanks

I put new cartridges in the PPK and twinmaster. The twinmaster now works perfectly, but the ppk did it again, despite me putting some gun oil in. Its most bizarre . I've now run out of cartridges so will have to buy some more to see if it was just those being a dodgey batch.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR123 View Post
    I put new cartridges in the PPK and twinmaster. The twinmaster now works perfectly, but the ppk did it again, despite me putting some gun oil in. Its most bizarre . I've now run out of cartridges so will have to buy some more to see if it was just those being a dodgey batch.
    Do you mean pellgun oil or a generic gun oil.

Pellgun oil is ideal for co2 guns and works wonders for the seals (unless there is damage to them in which case you may have to look at replacing them)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    Do you mean pellgun oil or a generic gun oil.

Pellgun oil is ideal for co2 guns and works wonders for the seals (unless there is damage to them in which case you may have to look at replacing them)
    Just normal oil, I'll go and buy some pellgun to see if that works.

thanks

I had a similar problem with my Walther Nighthawk. Even trying different brands of caplets including the lubed Walther ones didn't help - I thought the seal had gone.

A Very Nice Chap at Bury Gun Room told me that the brass screw seal on the drop-out CO2 mags have a tendency to work loose, and to try tightening the screw before fitting new seals, and it worked a treat!

If you can get to it on the PPK, give it a go first.

And buy lots of pellguin oil. A very nice chap on here sells it.

Have to agree...do not own a Co2 weapon without owning Pellgun oil...
    Eric.

Oh yes, I regularly oil my weapon with Pellgun

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Picture Rocks, Confederate Territory of Arizona

Same problem

My wife ought me a Walther PPK last Christmas... (with the laser sight) to replace my 25 year old Crosman 1200. 'Not happy with the PPK at all. 'Doesn't seem to have the range nor the velocity of the Crosman. The laser is worthless. I've tried that from a gun rest, but usually anything past 20' is anywhere but where I point it. The C02 ctg is difficult to seat... 'foolin' around with that internal length thing, then twistin' that infernal butt plate doo-dad. I use Daisey C02 ctgs... 'no ruff edges but gettin' a decent cartridge puncture is a trick. I'm gonna be buyin' another Crosman. The Walther is OK for point-defense practice at close range... no aim, just pull, point 'n shoot. (Open carry is in the Arizona Constitution... Article 26. I have an AZ CCW permit also...)
    My 'normal' carry gun is a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 in .45 acp, which is a tad largish to conceal anywhere.

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Rohm Twinmaster Trainer

Twinmaster Trainer / Capsule/pistol seal leaking.

Had this pistol for quite a while & now having the not sealing capsule problem.
    Which company,if any, supply a suitable replacement for this seal.
    Is the seal flat faced to take & seal against the "mouth" of the CO2 capsule.

Thanks
    Al.
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"