Thread: Advice on Hawke Reflex MIL-DOT 3-10X44 HK3102 please

Advice on Hawke Reflex MIL-DOT 3-10X44 HK3102 please

Hi there!

I recently ordered a Weihrauch HW97k from the Airgun Centre. (haven't got it yet)

It says it comes with Hawke Reflex MIL-DOT 3-10X44 HK3102 which they price for £74.

Now i'm new to Telescopic sights and couldn't say what was a good make or a bad make.
    So i went into my local gunshop yesterday to get some pellets for my other gun. I informed the guy behind the counter that i would be having my new gun delivered to their store. He asked me all the normal questions like what it was and how much i had paid etc.. even did the old "we could of sold it to you for £150" routine. Which was obviously a lie.

But when i mentioned the scope Hawke Reflex MIL-DOT 3-10X44 HK3102 he laughed and said "Ah we don't stock that scope as it is rubbish, in fact we don't stock any Hawke scopes which shows how poor they are"

So my question is just how bad are they? Have i been ripped off? Was the salesman just the twat he seemed?

Cheers
    Marcus

Hawke Scopes

Not exactly a review this, rather a general overview. I have a number of Hawke scopes including 3-9x40, 6x40 and 6.5-26x52 and, in my opinion, they're excellent optics. And in case you're thinking "this guy's not used anything else", I also have a couple of Leupolds and a Bausch & Lomb and am used to peering through Leica binoculars. I don't think the scope will disappoint.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Hawke are a good value cheapish scope, it will be fine for what you want. If you need to upgrade later, fair enough.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Last edited by Flashash; 06-09-2008 at 02:23 PM.
    FX Cyclone .22 + Hawke Sidewinder30 4-16x50 (SR6)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashash View Post
    Out of interest, who was your local gunshop?
    Country Sports in Botley. About 8miles from Southampton town centre.

He also said that the Air Gun Centre don't do lifetime repairs and services even though it says they do on the website....

I mean there is pitching for a sale and then there is just stupidity.

As long as i can shoot 60yrds max with the scope i'll be happy

air gun centre

I just bought a 2nd Hand HW100 from the airgun centre with a Hawke 3-10x44. They offer lifetime support, so they said, the gun shoots really well and they gave me the option of swapping for a new AA400 if I don't like it (with a cash adjustment) so I left with good piece of mind.

Must say the scope has some focussing issues on an indoor 10m range, seems fine outdoors though.

Like the other posts say, it's a relatively cheap make of scope but I'd say good value.
    Last edited by Milligan100; 03-02-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: delicious english