Thread: took the plunge.

took the plunge.

I've finally got a pistol. I picked up a second hand gamo 45. This is going to be tested tonight at the club.
    Is it true? its very similar to the compac, but without the grips and trigger.

That's about it - plain chequered plastic grips instead of contoured wood, no adjustment on the trigger (unless you adjust the spring inside) and a more basic trigger blade.

I don't know what you'll be using it for, but bear in mind you will be stuck with the open sights - there are no grooves for fitting a red dot sight or pistol scope.

Iain

Had a quick try with this 45 last night. Am very impresed.
    I'll be in the garden for some time I reckon. I found the sights a little chunky though, I might shave them a tiny amount and see if a dab of white makes life easier.

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but before you do anything permanent remember the width of the rearsight notch can be adjusted - there is a small screw on the opposite side to the windage adjustment (if you don't have the manual).

Iain

You'll be able to go quite a long way with the 45, before you need to upgrade to a Compact or maybe something even better. Stick with it and don't let any cheque book snobs get you down!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

I never had the Game 45 but had the 23, (twice) and liked it although I thought the 45 looked better. It's a shame they dropped it from the range.

I think you might be thinking of the Auto 45 - a CO2 powered, sort-of Glock styled pistol, which is discontinued.

I meant the PR-45, a single shot SSP, as per the original post a basic version of the Compact.

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the problem, but before you do anything permanent remember the width of the rearsight notch can be adjusted - there is a small screw on the opposite side to the windage adjustment (if you don't have the manual).

Iain
    Thanks for that young sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post

Iain
    Iain,

You are my hero!!...
    got the manual for my compact, and STILL missed the bit about the rear sight adjustment......

That's certainly helped...

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Glad to be of help.

Iain

I'm blind. Can't see a screw. Does that mean I'm special

It's not a nice, clearly defined screw head, more like a grub screw (about 3-4mm across) and even then it isn't a complete slot for a screwdriver, it looks like the centre of the screw has been drilled out.

The top of these pictures is looking at it from the correct side to show what I mean (on the Compact):

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/zo...pl?model_id=61

Unless older PR45s don't have this feature at all - I'm not sure on that either way.

Iain

On mine, it was screwed quite a way in so it had "sunk" into the sight a fair way, thats why my sight was sooooo wide.

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

It looks like some one has tried to adjust mine in the past. As mine has one side of the slot broken away. Will try and slot in a smallr screw driver.