Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all!

Hi all!

Just joined the site and looking for some advice

I bought an airpistol from a family friend about 12 years ago I guess. I'd never had a gun before but I was living in the country and fancied shooting some cans and targets out the back as we had no neighbours.

Anyway, it's an HW45 which I believe is a good pistol? I just loved the way it looked and felt in the hand, felt like quality! Anyway, it's been tucked away in the original box for about 11 years and I found it the other day and it re-kindled that desire to have a got at target shooting. So I'm thinking of visiting the local airgun club for a chat and to see what goes on.

Looking at the gun it still looks mint, and smells nice I haven't even shot half a tin of pellets through it since I've had it. Is there a way to work out how old the gun is?

Anyway, I need advice on cleaning, bearing in mind I'm new to this and never done anything with mine. What needs cleaning, lubricating etc... What do you use and where do you get it?

Appreciate any help

a club visit is a good start, someone will not only tell you how to keep the pistol tidy, they will show you too!!!

the hw45 has a very good reputation as a pistol and they are well made, to age them, i think you just email weihrauch direct with the serial number and they should get back to you with an approximate manufacture date.

if you get into the target shooting malarky - Pad.E has organised a postal competition for the bbs's pistol shooters so even if the club scene isn't for you, you can still have a go and see how you fare against others and judge your progress the more you shoot!

good luck with it!

hi there and welcome to the bbs.you find everything you need to know about the hw45 here

http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbaytel.net/HW45Review/

personaly i would never have one, but if our going to sell it give me first shout lol.

atb jamie

thanks all, I paid £80 for mine, although that was 12+ years ago, seems that was a good deal!

Welcome ch70.
    Plot ?... What Plot ?... I thought you had it !!
    Good Deals with Good Folks

Hi CH70 and welcome to the bbs, Your HW45 probably doesn't need much apart from a few drops of oil and quick barrel clean, though if it's shooting straight and grouping fine i'd leave the barrel alone and may be just lube up a few pellets.

A gun club would be a great place to start, I personally shoot at Maidenhead Target Shooting Club, which is not a million miles away from you in Reading.

http://www.maidenhead-target-shooting-club.org/

We shoot Air Pistol, Air Rifle and Rimfire, we have an indoor 10m pistol range, and a 100 yard and 50 yard outside ranges for air rifle and rimfire.

Air rifle and Air pistol are shot Wednesday evenings from 7pm and Saturday Mornings from 10am. Hope to see you and your HW45 down there.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Thumbs up

hi ch70 never shot one but the lads on here will point you in the right direction welcome to the mad house

atb dai

Good evening Dai, haaven't see you about for a while, how's tricks fella.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Thanks all again!

What is the law regarding transporting an airpistol? Does it need to be in a case? What if I wanted to take it to a friends house to use there?

Cheers.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Good evening Dai, haaven't see you about for a while, how's tricks fella.
    sound as mate working too hard mate well the machine does the work but i have got to drive the thing got a ripley ar4 all polished you ok mush

atb dai

Quote Originally Posted by ch70 View Post
    Thanks all again!
    What is the law regarding transporting an airpistol? Does it need to be in a case? What if I wanted to take it to a friends house to use there?
    Cheers.
    Hi,
    From what I gather, the gun/pistol/revolver must be secured inside some form of case. You can not walk around the streets with it in your hand, or in a holster (shoulder, hip or other).
    If the gun is loaded, it is illegal even in a case.
    Bear in mind, if you do get pulled with it in your pocket, in a holster or tucked inside your belt; Then it is a FIREARMS offence even though its an air/co2 gun and you will risk prison.
    I was told that if I carried a loaded magazine even without the pistol on me and no way of firing it, I would be commiting a firearms offence.
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

It's an offence to have Loaded magazine in the street!!!!......better change to Nuts or FHM then.....
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    It's an offence to have Loaded magazine in the street!!!!......better change to Nuts or FHM then.....
    Eric.

pick myself up of the floor , nice 1 eric

Very nice eric, i was thinking the same thing, great minds and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skan Man. View Post
    sound as mate working too hard mate well the machine does the work but i have got to drive the thing got a ripley ar4 all polished you ok mush

atb dai
    All good here fella, likewise working hard, trying to sell up and move at the moment, but not really the right time the way the market is and rising fuel costs etc. you will have to send me a pic of your AR4 sounds sweet, got a couple of new toys, a couple of 2240 one is a .177 conversion and a Brand new HW95k, click on the Me at the end of my sig for pic's.