Thread: Beretta vs CP99 and silencer advice please

Beretta vs CP99 and silencer advice please

I currently have a CP99 with laser and silencer that i'm happy enough with but my friend is selling a nickel beretta with a laser which feels much meatier and better in the hand. my questions are, firstly can the beretta be fitted with a silencer as its just too damn loud for my garden and secondly, is the beretta any more powerful or any better than the CP99?
    i'd greatly appreciate some expert advice from you lads.
    atvb
    Dave
    P.S. what should i be looking to pay for a mint, boxed nickel beretta with laser ? bearing in mind its from a friend so i dont want to rip him off. ta.

Thumbs up Get it bought!

Hi Dave,

Buy the Beretta - the trigger alone is in a different league to the CP99.

As far as power difference is concerned, I seem to recall the '99 putting out around 360 FPS, whereas the 92FS claims around 460 FPS in the manual, so yes, it's a little more powerful.

People on here have fitted over-barrel silencers to their Berettas, although I don't honestly know how much quieter they'd make it. Bear in mind that those type of silencers will leave nasty grub-screw marks on that nice satin Nickel finish - if you're happy with that, then go ahead.

Expect to pay around the £100 mark for a boxed, good condition used example - you should get some CO2 bulbs and a tin of pellets thrown in at that price, too.

With regard to the laser, it depends which laser it is. The Umarex trigger lasers sell from between £45 - £60 new, and a Beamshot will set you back around 45 quid. I'd say £25 or £30 was a fair price for a secondhand laser.

If you have the means to buy it I'd jump at the chance - you will not be disappointed.

HTH,

Mike.

Hi
    I had both. The CP99 had a shorter barrel and was less accurate with a not so good trigger. The 92 is a much better pistol and you can get silencers that attach via grub screw to the lip around the barrel-the OE wasn't all that. I would get the 92 and get UKNeil to make a silencer to fit. By the way co2 pistols have a lot of sound escaping the area near the breach so you would still heara crack. I wouldn't worry about using them in your garden, tell the neighbours, invite them round if necessary to show them you're resposible and using them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by sheene View Post
    Hi
    I wouldn't worry about using them in your garden, tell the neighbours, invite them round if necessary to show them you're resposible and using them properly.
    My nosey neighnours are scared ####less when I go into the garden with my pistol bow
    Kate came out and complained "I dont want you shooting that thing when I'm outside, you can get ricochet's you know!"
    She's a nice woman really, but ruddy ell
    I told her they were darts going into a soft dartboard (true). She said "I dont want them going into my soft head!" So ####ing true! I thought!
    I was out wiping my CP99 and my 357 Crosman down after a morning at the range. You should have seen the looks they were giving me
    I was outside today sanding down the stock of my "Project gun" They were giving me daggers
    I dare not fire my Co2 until they go out for the day hence my thread on making a Silencer for my CP99.
    Her husband is even worse for the "Ricochet" theory!
    Some people huh
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Ignorance and fear.......brought on by unbiased media coverage...
    Eric.

be quick and get this one from dai,

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288789

i'm tempted and ive got one lol

atb jamie

Thanks very much for the replies lads. you've answered all my questions. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Ignorance and fear.......brought on by unbiased media coverage...
    Eric.
    How very very true.
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)