Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luger air pistol?

Very interesting. Would have probably stuffed it in my suitcase personally but given it could have been something like a front-venting blank-firer or ACP, it's well you didn't "possibly".

I say it's an air cartridge pistol most likely. The Krauts did convert plenty of auto pistols to TAC and that includes real Lugers.

Germany is in the process of banning everything from firearms to knives at present ("yes, airguns are in hot water too"), so this kind of piece will go soon as much else has there.

I wonder how many Lugers were destroyed here or sold by the government abroad to later be used in crime?. One does hear about them on the black market a lot and I've known quite a few to turn up given the amount brought back as war trophy's.

L.e.p Cartridge

Catching up on this Post - did see some German websites once with TAC type conversions done - called LEP whch I assume is initails for something similar but in German - a Luger stood out as being very very nice
    This Luger in the shop window - is a 6" Navy i.m.o the MOST desirable design of Luger or Luger style pistol .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    called LEP whch I assume is initails for something similar but in German
    That's right, they also call them DLP IIRC. Tomahawk, a member here from Missouri could tell you plenty about the kraut TAC market if need be. Loads to see on Egun.de too.

Mike does say quite specifically at beginning of the thread that the pistol was " powered by CO2 "

So I cant see how it can be a TAC gun

Although the thought of TAC conversions of RS centrefire pistols sounds interesting ...

I owned a Brocock Para back in the day which was accurate and fun to shoot but did not generate power to work the slide . You had to do this manually .

Presumably these conversions would require to do likewise ??

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    Mike does say quite specifically at beginning of the thread that the pistol was " powered by CO2 "

So I cant see how it can be a TAC gun

Although the thought of TAC conversions of RS centrefire pistols sounds interesting ...

I owned a Brocock Para back in the day which was accurate and fun to shoot but did not generate power to work the slide . You had to do this manually .

Presumably these conversions would require to do likewise ??

Carl.
    He mentioned it had a tag saying it was but that's not definitive.

The Para is rumoured to have originally been a self loader but was too easily converted fully automatic, hence slide locked. I never encountered a semi automatic Para or see why it would have mattered if conversion was that easy, after all, it can be done in 10 minute to most blowback pistols.

There's only a handful of folks here that know much about the more obscure tac guns, and I'm unfortunately not one having had standard Brococks. Try Urx for a better history of the Para or Sid if he's about.

Not sure, best ask sellers on Egun or perhaps Mr Harper the Daystate designer.

The label on the box under the pistol said Co2 and I couldn't communicate well enough with the sales assistant to ascertain what it was.
    I am convinced however that it is a genuine P08 pistol that may have been converted in some way.

Hell, thinking about it, it is a bargain even for a de-ac.

I could kick myself for not finding out more.

On another matter, one of the other pistols that I saw on the german site (don't know which one) was a Walther LP53 steaming MINT, Boxed, with all the original accessories and paperwork for 186 euros. Wish I had more money!

mystery P08

The pictured one looks better than the Tanaka Luger(which costs nearly $500NZ here!) I still think it could be a blank firer........

I have only seen a couple of Luger blank firers they are quite rare esp here in UK .

But I have never seen a Naval Luger variant - although Im sure they exist and esp in Germany .

My feeling is that this pistol is either real steel or a Deac, - or some exotic handmade special .

Searches on Umarex website and others have revealed nothing about a new release - unfortunately

Strange how such a beautiful and iconic pistol as the Luger - steeped in history and reputation has never been made as a CO2 ??

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Hiller

with ref to the earlier Post and a member having handled the 30 year old Luger airpistol - I have an old Airgun World mag - and there is a pic of a spring Luger 'custom' made as a one off - brass frame I believee - break barrel - the front Luger barrel is tipped up by latch - if I can get a scanner working I'll post it here ... (I made ref to this in an older Thread re Custom one offs being as collectible as identifiable mainstream airguns ).
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    UPDATE

I've now acquired a 6'' (navy?) WE airsoft P08.

Very impressive- all metal, the trigger linkage is external (as per real steel), it strips like the real deal, and the toggle action workds as it should. The rear sight can slide back and forth to deal with different ranges.

I was happily breaking clays with it at 20 yds this morning

Pics below
    Attached Images Attached Images
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

That is lovely. And at 20 yards what more do you want. From the UK or imported?.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    from the Uk, Elite shooting centre sell them. Note you have to be a registered skirmisher or member of a re-enactment society to buy.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Here is the American Luger - the rarest of all replicas

For some reason I cannot post a picture but it is on Gunbroker.com Item #799519606.