Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My pistols

Nice wite up mate. A bit strange that nothing has been seen of it over here?

Theres not really many full power pistols around (Falcon been the main company i can think of?) so would have thought there would be a market for them?

....mmm my parents are going on holiday to USA laters this year....i wonder if they fancy picking me up a nice present

Mr Sheene....thanks very much for your help and advice...it's much appreciated.....
    I'll have to have a look at my finances and make a decision whether to wait for the Alfa or go for the Lp1. The Lp1 is an older pistol but has a great rep...maybe both...I can see divorce threatening unless I get really devious...
    ATB...Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    Nice wite up mate. A bit strange that nothing has been seen of it over here?

Theres not really many full power pistols around (Falcon been the main company i can think of?) so would have thought there would be a market for them?

....mmm my parents are going on holiday to USA laters this year....i wonder if they fancy picking me up a nice present
    Stuart...you have to decide what you need the pistol for...if you're going to shoot 6 and 10 yard pistol target then you only need about 3fpe muzzle velocity, anything above that is overkill in my humble opinion but if like me you also like to shoot knock-downs at 15yards and above you need a higher power pistol,
    Now my Rohm sport is superb at 6 and 10 but I'm starting to stretch at 15yards whereas my Falcon FN6 is deadly at 15 and above.
    Basically, I think you need to have a pistol like the Ranchero or FN6 for pistol HFT and Rohms or Steyrs for the 6 & 10 yard targets.
    If finances are limited though, from what I've read about the Steyrs, they are reasonably easy to adjust for different target scenarios so they could be the jack-of-all-trades......maybe the Alfas are easily adjustable...Mr Sheene could help me here...
    Just my humble thoughts...
    Eric.

Pistols

I agree with you Eric. My Ranchero wih scope id deadly with a scope on out to 15-20 yards. The Alfa is good for silhouette shooting, 10m but wouls struggle at knock down beyond the 10-15 yards. Did chrono it at 6 ftlb and it cn be adjusted both ways but I daren't. Apparently, there's alot more to adjusting these than winding them up or down. Now the Ranchero, well that's a different ball game...

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Mr Sheene....thanks very much for your help and advice...it's much appreciated.....
    I'll have to have a look at my finances and make a decision whether to wait for the Alfa or go for the Lp1. The Lp1 is an older pistol but has a great rep...maybe both...I can see divorce threatening unless I get really devious...
    ATB...Eric.

eric £20 or i tell your wife, hehe even more devious

ATB...Eric.
    Eric,

£15 or I tell your wife...... Beat that Jamie....
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Eric,

£15 or I tell your wife...... Beat that Jamie....
    thats nasty

Your wife gave me £20 and told me to keep quiet

Quote Originally Posted by sheene View Post
    Your wife gave me £20 and told me to keep quiet
    Shows how desperate she's getting....
    ...and as for my so-called mates on here.....
    Eric.

The joke's on me pal

Get her some flowers...mind you she may think you're up to something! Just can't win can we
    ....and she'd be right...

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

...I can see divorce threatening unless I get really devious...
    ATB...Eric.
    Eric,
    Get Paddy to camo it for you and tell her its a PPK......

Russ

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Hi
    My pistols are:
    FX Ranchero .177 with Leupold pistol scope
    Alfa Project Air Arms PCP Match Pistol
    HW45 .177 with Colt 1911 grips

I absolutley love shooting them
    Great pistols, Sheene! I love those Colt grips.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    ....and she'd be right...

Russ
    as if i would russ, just because i'm of to thailand ,without her for 3 weeks, what ever gave you that idea, i'm not that kind of chap

Colt 1911 Grips for my HW45

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Great pistols, Sheene! I love those Colt grips.

Jim
    Jim

I bought these grips from Ajax grips in your wonderful country! they're a direct replacement for the HW45

>>>LINK<<<