Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Real pistols

Not sure if I can do this in this part of the forum but we'll see. Hope mods will be generous and allow this

Anyone ever shot a real firearm and how did it compare to air pistols?

I've shot:

a Smith and Wesson .44, 250 rounds, wrist hurt! Gun was awesome and accurate at up to 40-50 yards (my limit). Was hitting the numbers on the human silhouettes which were 50mm in diameter (normal notch and post sites). What a kick though!

Colt 1911 .45. 300 Rounds, favourite pistol of all.

Glock 22 .40 200 rounds. Didn't really like it. Broad trigger and too much of a reach round to it from pistol grip. Has a broad pistol grip to accommodate the double stack magazine.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by sheene; 24-06-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Co2 pistols have very little if any recoil. The slide doesnt move on most models. But they do make a good bang.

I do like CO2s and air pistols. Would prefer the real thing though

I used to own a 1911 .45 - I bought a compensator to reduce recoil slightly but I really enjoyed shooting it. I fired a few of the other guys guns while I was at the club (.357 Colt Python, .38 S&W, and a Luger imitation in .22).

Whilst in the States I also fired a .50 Desert Eagle, the kick was unreal!!

I enjoy air pistol shooting just as much though, I'm still putting a hole in a piece of paper!

Smile

I enjoy air pistol shooting just as much though, I'm still putting a hole in a piece of paper!

That's what it's all about!

That Drozd, ain't an American one is it?

I have a mate in Canada who is a cop, last time I was over he took me to the station range and let me loose with his Glock 17... loved it, still smile when I think about it.

I have a few air pistols and love them but if I could have a real Glock that would just be the pinical

I'm pleased to see everyone enjoyed their 1911's. While Glock are unique they aren't comfortable and are quite rigid; the major plus about them I saw was they come in 10mm. Always felt the grip chequering was uncomfortable, except on early generation models which featured much smoother grips.

Quote Originally Posted by sheene View Post
    a Smith and Wesson .44, 250 rounds, wrist hurt! Gun was awesome and accurate at up to 40-50 yards (my limit). Was hitting the numbers on the human silhouettes which were 50mm in diameter (normal notch and post sites). What a kick though!
    Anyone who's enjoyed shooting a .44 should really give a .454 a try; it has double the energy of the .44 and significantly eclipses the .50AE.

Quote Originally Posted by colbo View Post
    a Luger imitation in .22
    Most likely an Erma from West Germany. Classic little .22LR and quite collectible. I've spotted one in a Sec.5 dealers recently, perhaps it's his?.

Never handled any of these pistols.....
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Most likely an Erma from West Germany. Classic little .22LR and quite collectible. I've spotted one in a Sec.5 dealers recently, perhaps it's his?.

The only thing I remembered about it is that the mag kept falling out when I was trying to shoot it!

Ah Bliss!

This is the Pip Watts modified Model 27 I have at Bisley under the Heritage Pistol scheme.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The good 'ol days!

Keep my .40 Beretta Brigadier and my S&W 625 with my in-laws in Ohio.

As for pre-97, between my father and I we had:

- 357 Desert Eagle
    - 9mm Beretta 92SB
    - 22 Rossi revolver
    - 44 S&W 629
    - 45ACP Sig P 220
    - 9mm - Walther P5
    - 357 Colt Python
    - 45ACP S&W 625 (had this one deactivated I loved it so much!)

I am started to weep into my coffee here - so enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by zigliss View Post

I am started to weep into my coffee here - so enough.....

C'mom now lad, stiff upper lip and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by sheene View Post
    Glock 22 .40 200 rounds. Didn't really like it. Broad trigger and too much of a reach round to it from pistol grip. Has a broad pistol grip to accommodate the double stack magazine.

Anyone else?
    I hate the Glock, and its only time before they go bust imo. They only produce pistols and knives, some accesories, and mark my words,Glaston Glock will be sold in the near future. They have in fact just done a deal with the GNR (Police) and the PSP(the police who watches the police) to replace their p-38 to glock 17 which has a modified slide release.

the only thing I like about the glock, is the ergonomics. Watch Glock Torture by Magills, it doesn't like sand, a hole was dug 30 cm deep, glock put in and covered up with dry sand. It jamed over and over again.

http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/50..._val%3Dtorture

A gun you can abuse and abuse I mean abuse, is no doubt the beretta 92,Taurus (copy of Beretta), Hi Power,1911 and star model 30

Glock does have the least amount of parts in a pistol, totally is 17 which is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    I hate the Glock, and its only time before they go bust imo. They only produce pistols and knives, some accesories, and mark my words,Glaston Glock will be sold in the near future. They have in fact just done a deal with the GNR (Police) and the PSP(the police who watches the police) to replace their p-38 to glock 17 which has a modified slide release.

the only thing I like about the glock, is the ergonomics. Watch Glock Torture by Magills, it doesn't like sand, a hole was dug 30 cm deep, glock put in and covered up with dry sand. It jamed over and over again.

http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/50..._val%3Dtorture

A gun you can abuse and abuse I mean abuse, is no doubt the beretta 92,Taurus (copy of Beretta), Hi Power,1911 and star model 30

Glock does have the least amount of parts in a pistol, totally is 17 which is impressive.
    I'm no fan either really, the .45ACP models aren't exactly a comfortable fit in ones hand but if there's one thing Glocks are it's reliable.
    There is a reason why they are so widely adopted and that is they do a good job. If the company went bust I'd be surprised, they aren't low on custom.

Glock knives are very poor BTW, do avoid them if possible.

Glocks is like marmite, you either love them or hate them.I do think that glock will be bought out by someone or partnership formed to increase their range of products.Yes they are reliable, but need to be kept clean like most weopons.