Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Real pistols

Smile Real pistols

Not sure if I can do this in this part of the forum but we'll see. Hope mods will be generous and allow this

Anyone ever shot a real firearm and how did it compare to air pistols?

I've shot:

a Smith and Wesson .44, 250 rounds, wrist hurt! Gun was awesome and accurate at up to 40-50 yards (my limit). Was hitting the numbers on the human silhouettes which were 50mm in diameter (normal notch and post sites). What a kick though!

Colt 1911 .45. 300 Rounds, favourite pistol of all.

Glock 22 .40 200 rounds. Didn't really like it. Broad trigger and too much of a reach round to it from pistol grip. Has a broad pistol grip to accommodate the double stack magazine.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by sheene; 24-06-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Co2 pistols have very little if any recoil. The slide doesnt move on most models. But they do make a good bang.

I do like CO2s and air pistols. Would prefer the real thing though

I used to own a 1911 .45 - I bought a compensator to reduce recoil slightly but I really enjoyed shooting it. I fired a few of the other guys guns while I was at the club (.357 Colt Python, .38 S&W, and a Luger imitation in .22).

Whilst in the States I also fired a .50 Desert Eagle, the kick was unreal!!

I enjoy air pistol shooting just as much though, I'm still putting a hole in a piece of paper!

Smile

I enjoy air pistol shooting just as much though, I'm still putting a hole in a piece of paper!

That's what it's all about!

That Drozd, ain't an American one is it?

I have a mate in Canada who is a cop, last time I was over he took me to the station range and let me loose with his Glock 17... loved it, still smile when I think about it.

I have a few air pistols and love them but if I could have a real Glock that would just be the pinical

You have got me going now!

Back in the seventies I had..Walther P38 9mm, Colt 1911 A1 0.45, Ruger .30 M1Single Action Revolver 7" Barrel(Bottle neck Bullets) a CANNON, Smith & Wesson 0.22 (converted 0.38) a Vostock 0.22 semi auto, Smith & Wesson 0.32 semi auto.

Oh those were the days Boom Bang a Bang!

Pre 97 owned two S&W 625 in 45acp, Single action Colt (copy) Colt Gold Cup, 4" 586 S&W and my favorite model S&W model 27 with 8" barrel. I estimate the Model 27 had about 100,000 round through it, all home loads done on a Dillon 550b reloading press. At the time of the hand in I decided to have the 27 deactivated as a keep-sake.

Here's the two S&W 625's

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...625SW001-1.jpg

I'm pleased to see everyone enjoyed their 1911's. While Glock are unique they aren't comfortable and are quite rigid; the major plus about them I saw was they come in 10mm. Always felt the grip chequering was uncomfortable, except on early generation models which featured much smoother grips.

Quote Originally Posted by sheene View Post
    a Smith and Wesson .44, 250 rounds, wrist hurt! Gun was awesome and accurate at up to 40-50 yards (my limit). Was hitting the numbers on the human silhouettes which were 50mm in diameter (normal notch and post sites). What a kick though!
    Anyone who's enjoyed shooting a .44 should really give a .454 a try; it has double the energy of the .44 and significantly eclipses the .50AE.

Quote Originally Posted by colbo View Post
    a Luger imitation in .22
    Most likely an Erma from West Germany. Classic little .22LR and quite collectible. I've spotted one in a Sec.5 dealers recently, perhaps it's his?.

Never handled any of these pistols.....
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Most likely an Erma from West Germany. Classic little .22LR and quite collectible. I've spotted one in a Sec.5 dealers recently, perhaps it's his?.

The only thing I remembered about it is that the mag kept falling out when I was trying to shoot it!

As a young lad, I used to shoot a Ruger .22 semi auto and a Smith and Wesson 6" barrel also chambered in .22 at Oldham police range every week. The Ruger was my favourite, and I always aspired to own a few handguns (I always had a hankering after an AMT Automag), but I never got around to it before the 97 ban - life and girls always seemed to get in the way.

Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Never handled any of these pistols.....
    Eric.
    France or Belgium and the Isle of Man all have the option of trying pistols or at any rate I'm told they do allow it on the IOM but would recommend taking a closer look beforehand. They are legal in Jersey, Ulster, IOM, Ireland and I think Guernsey too.

Belgium's my recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by colbo View Post
    The only thing I remembered about it is that the mag kept falling out when I was trying to shoot it!
    I never said they were any good.

Next time I'm abroad I'll have to check out the pistol clubs....
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I always had a hankering after an AMT Automag - life and girls (tits) always seemed to get in the way.

Happy days.

Like this? it belonged to a buddy of mine
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...hoto1copy6.jpg
    Last edited by Phil G; 25-06-2008 at 05:51 AM.